Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 12 Update

{I will be doing a second post today involving the tornado from yesterday}
{For those who don't know, we are fine, but I'm still pretty emotionally rattled and will be for awhile}

Today's date: May 21, 2013

How far along: 12 Weeks

Total weight gain: I have lost about 6 pounds. I think the stress from yesterday really caught up with me.

Size and growth of baby: Bébé is the size of a plum! The brain is developing fast, just like most of their organs and tissue. They are opening and closing their fingers, and even curling their toes! {via}

Baby is a: I have to wait until 19 weeks for the ultrasound. You should vote for your guess on the side panel!

Maternity clothing: I wear maternity pants consistently, but shirts are still a mix of maternity and regular.

Sleep: Hit or miss lately, but only because of the weather situation we've had since Saturday night. I can't really nap, but I seem to get plenty of sleep overnight. Also, I've already had a few restless nights because I have realistic nightmares that keep me from getting a quality night's sleep.

Movement: None yet

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are spaghetti, nachos, lime popsicles, and strawberry limeades from Sonic. Aversions are still meats, anything overly sweet, Mexican food, fast food, and anything that just happens to sound awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: It has actually improved lately, but I have been taking a Zofran at lunch everyday just to be safe. I usually get queasy around 11:15 a.m., then again at 8:30 p.m. It's almost like clockwork!

Symptoms: Sore/heavy boobs, lower back pain, a little heartburn, some nausea, peeing a fair amount, and tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: I was still really sick with Jillian at this point. I also lost more weight with Jillian. I feel like I have a bit more energy this time, and I seem to be craving/eating things I couldn't until I was deeper into my second trimester!

The best moment of this past week: Celebrating Phil's birthday :)

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: NO MORE TORNADOES, feeling movements, celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, my trip to Chicago, enjoying more food, and moving on to the second trimester!
Now to compare pictures :)
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...