Thursday, June 27, 2013

Exhausted

I finally had my first official pregnant breakdown last night. And y'all? It was not pretty.

I may have briefly mentioned on here that Jillian has had an allergy/sinus thing for awhile. In fact, when I finally broke down and took her to the doctor, she also had an ear infection. {Only the second one in her entire life.} The doctor even made a comment when I took her that she has been relatively healthy, and he was pleasantly surprised he hasn't seen us all that often. Well, this was right before we left for our Chicago trip in early June. She had suffered with a runny nose and a cough that caused her to throw up for about 3 weeks at that point.

Even after her antibiotic ran out 10 days later, her cough barely improved. Amongst all the VBS chaos last week, (I was the opening and closing leader), Phil ended up taking her to the doctor again. Dr. V wanted to do x-rays just to be 100% positive it wasn't in her lungs as pneumonia. We quickly got results that told us she did have some inflammation, but that it was completely allergy related. That was a relief! They prescribed an inhaler for two weeks, and we were told we would see improvement within 4-7 days. Yesterday marked day 6 of the inhaler.  She has gotten much better at taking the medicine. However, things are not better.

She still has a runny nose. We still have to steam the bathroom once before bed, and most nights once in the middle of the night. She still has an awful cough that keeps us all up at night. Her mucus is still teetering between clear and bright yellow. Worst of all, last night she threw up mucus. Not just a little bit either. As Phil went to be with her and clean her off, I just bawled my eyes out. I'm talking, ugly-soap-opera crying.

Why is none of the medicine working very well? Why does she have to suffer for this long? Why can't I help her?! I just feel absolutely helpless. I desperately want to find something that will make her feel better, and finally kick whatever this is in the butt.

We are calling the doctor today to update them on her condition, but only because they told us to. If this inhaler with a steroid isn't working, I don't know what will. I hate that this has gone on for as long as it has. I just want her to feel better.

Odd thing is, she acts normal. She eats like she usually does, and is relatively in a good mood. She only cries when we mess with her nose for the millionth time, and after she's throw up mucus. {I don't blame her for that!} Besides the lack of sleep, she's her perky, and running-a-mile-a-minute self. It seems to upset me more than her, though I'm sure my extra hormones have a little something to do with that.

Deep down, I know it will get better. Whatever she's allergic to will go away, and she can breathe easier. Until then, I'm going to be a sleepy, and emotion mess.

At least I am able to drink a little coffee again. {Silver lining anyone?}

{6 Weeks of Sickness}
{Top Right: Jillian sleeping on me because she was so congested 5/15 Bottom Left: Her inhaler with the special mask the first night 6/21 Right: Her antibiotic for the ear infection on 6/5}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...