Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chicago Trip - Part Two: {Saturday, Sunday, and Monday}

Saturday was our only full day in Chicago. We tried to squeeze in as much as we could :) We started off taking the bus to Millennium Park so we could see "The Bean".

{Jillian fell asleep on the bus. Luckily, G-Chaz was willing to carry her around :)}
{p.s. We bought this backpack carrier especially for this trip. Overall, we really like it and it was a big help!}

{The bean! It was pretty crowded} 

{Family portrait :)} 

After that, Phil decided he wanted to go to the aquarium. We took the bus over and saw the beautiful lake as we walked to the entrance.

 {Such a beautiful view!}

Unfortunately, they were not letting anyone inside because they were closing early. I have a feeling a wedding was there. It was only 11 something in the morning. We decided to eat an early lunch thanks to a hot dog vendor near the entrance. Plus, Jillian woke up and needed to run around. After we filled our tummies, we decided to take the water taxi to the Navy Pier!

 {Jillian walking around while we wait for our water taxi!}

{Baby with the skyline} 

{Jillian on the water taxi with her Jemma! She's pointing out all the birds} 

We stopped for a drink and potty break at the McDonald's in the Navy Pier. Then we went to find the Bob Newhart statue across the street!

 {A quick family session before we continue ;)}

Then it was time for us to hope on the red line to see the Cubs! Boy was it crowded on the train!! We hardly had breathing room on the way there or back. The Cubs are pretty popular!
 {Our view from our seats!}
{Some of my favorite people :)}

As seen in this picture, Jillian was getting pretty sleepy. We left after the 7th inning stretch and relaxed at our room. I don't have a picture of it, but we walked to a small burger place called Fatty's Burgers and More. It was REALLY good! Every enjoyed their burger, (I had a grilled chicken with avocados), fries, even though our portions were huge. I definitely recommend them if you want a quick bite :) We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out and relaxing after our big day.

Sunday, we woke up and went straight to breakfast. After that, my dad was keeping an eye on the weather. There were some thunderstorms forecasted for their route home. We decided they would drop us off at the station and head home a little early than we originally planned. It was hard to see them go, but I was so thankful to spend the time together that we did :)

 {Jillian was helping G-Chaz and daddy load the luggage trolley}
{And by helping, I mean dancing ;)}

We stored our main luggage in a locker, then took the bus back to the Navy Pier for some souvenier shopping and last minute fun. We all got something to remember our trip by, then had an early lunch at Bubba Gump! (Phil had never eaten there before, so it was a must!)

{Family photo}

We had enough time to ride the bus back, get and check our luggage, and then relax in the sleeper car lounge! It was very nice with its own bathrooms and complimentary snacks!

{Jillian and mama waiting for our train}

Before we knew it, it was time to load up and get going.
{Bye Chicago! See you soon :)} 

{We got some rain on the ride home, (but no dementors hehe), but it was still a relatively* smooth ride}
{Jillian of course didn't nap, but that ok}
{*I will have to do a separate post about a major mishap on my part. You just wait...}

We got delayed a bit, so we didn't get to my aunt's house in Kansas City until right around midnight. Luckily, we had time to sleep in a bit, have a nice breakfast, then head home. We were able to stop and see Phil's mom for about 2 hours, then got home just in time for dinner. It was a long, but good traveling day.

{Heading back down the turnpike...}

Like I said before, it really was a great trip. We had good company, Jillian did really well, and we had a great time. I really hope we can go again sometime soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...