Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 14 Update


Today's date: June 4, 2013

How far along: 14 Weeks

Total weight gain: About 4 pounds of loss overall.

Size and growth of baby: Bébé is the size of a lemon! Kidney, liver, and spleen are functioning, and they are probably sucking their thumb. They are also growing lanugo to keep warm in there! {via}

Baby is a: baby for now. We should find out in early July! Be sure to vote on my page :)

Maternity clothing: I wear maternity pants consistently, but shirts are still a mix of maternity and regular for now.

Sleep: Jillian has been having a rough time with allergies overnight, so none of us are sleeping well right now. I do get a little nap in every day just about.

Movement: I'm almost positive I felt something as we watched the tornadic events of May 31st unfold. Great timing right? ;) I haven't felt anything that has been unmistakably baby, but I know it's coming!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are Velveeta/Rotel dip, key lime pie, spaghetti, watermelon, sour candy, lime popsicles, and strawberry limeades from Sonic. {Do you sense a lime theme as well?} I will say, I had some cravings I gave into this week and they weren't as satisfying as I had hoped. It made me sad, but what can you do? Aversions are the same: meats, anything overly sweet, Mexican food, fast food, and anything that just happens to sound awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: I still take Zofran once a day, but overall can eat well! I had a bad morning Sunday, but I think I was on my feet too much before eating something. 

Symptoms: Sore/heavy boobs, lower back pain, pimples, a little heartburn, some nausea, peeing a fair amount, and tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: I was still really sick, and also lost more weight with Jillian.

The best moment of this past week: Hearing our baby's perfect heartbeat this morning! I've been so stressed the last 2 weeks, I was worried about bébé a bit. Luckily, he/she is perfect, and my blood pressure was nice and normal as well :)

What I miss: Nothing at all

I'm looking forward to: No more severe weather, feeling more definite movements, my trip to Chicago, and scheduling our ultrasound next month!

Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

2 comments:

  1. Is it July yet? I can't wait to find out if bébé deux is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I know right?! It's gonna be a long month, I tell you what! ;)

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...