Thursday, August 1, 2013

On My Mind

Pregnancy brain is in full effect. With that in mind, there may be several of these "random thoughts" posts in the future ;)
*****
Today, Jillian had the best speech therapy sessions she's had since her first birthday. That's 8 months of bi-weekly appointments that would end in tears and/or tantrums. I guess her session while I was away on my mission trip was so bad that her therapist, Miss C, had a new game plan today. Was her session perfect? No. However, it did not include a tantrum or tears! I was over-the-moon excited, and oh so proud of my girl. Here's hoping that trend continues!
*****
You know what hurts? Putting apple cider vinegar on your peeling sunburn. That's right y'all. I have put on the vinegar for about two days now, and it was really helping with the pain in my shoulder from my burn. {I could hardly lift my arm up because my shoulder would hurt from the burn.} So when I got out of the shower and saw the skin peeling, I didn't see why I should keep doing it. Well, I definitely learned my lesson :-/ At least my sunburn is healing.
*****
I think I can officially call this: we are now a one cat family. We had decided that we would keep the cats in the garage while Phil's mom stayed in the house. While I was gone, Phil made the decision to start keeping the garage door cracked for the cats Petey to wander during the day. It went pretty well, so we kept it going after I returned home. We would always close the door with the cats in the garage at night because we have coyotes, skunks, and some raccoons in the neighborhood/area. Tuesday of last week, we were gathering the cats for the night, but we could not find Cleo anywhere. We eventually had to give up for the night, but I tried to stay as optimistic as I could. After several thunderstorms, I started to lose hope. Now that it has been over a week, I've come to the conclusion that she is gone. Whether she escaped to go off and die herself, got eaten by a larger animal, or ran off and got "adopted" by another family, I just hope no suffering was involved. More than anything, I felt guilty that we lost her like that. My mom did remind me that, not only do I have 16 years of taking good care of her under my belt, but also that it was Cleo's choice to leave the garage. I will always remember my first cat baby. Love you Cleocattra!
*****
My laundry room is soclose to being done!! However, we hit a snag. {Doesn't that always seem to happen with projects?} Almost everything is ready, but we had a few spots where the wall paint got on the door. Phil tried to cover them with white paint, but the doors and trim are apparently off-white enough to have a noticeable difference. {Great.} We tried some paint remover, but it started to strip the paint off the door entirely. So now we need to paint the doors and trim white. It shouldn't take too long, but it is a set back. At least I know I'll love my laundry room when it's done! I can't wait to show y'all!
*****
Jillian and I have this secret handshake kind of thing going on. She only does it with me, which makes it that much more special :) When I go to wake her from a nap, I come in and squat next to the crib. She'll jump up, then stick her right foot out of the crib. I'll tickle her foot, then she switches to her left foot. After I tickle her left foot, she'll hold her arms up so I can pick her up. She does this every time, unless she doesn't feel well. It is the cutest thing :)
*****
How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...