Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pinterest Recipe: Chicken Roll Ups

Monday night, I decided to do a new recipe! So far, I've had a pretty good record with recipes I find on Pinterest. I've had a few flops, but lately I'm on a roll :)

My pin went back to this blog. While overall it was easy and yummy, I did make a few adjustments.
The recipe calls for two chicken breasts. As a short cut, I sometimes use canned chicken. Phil likes lots of meat, so I used a little, and a big can for this recipe.

After letting an 8 oz block of cream cheese soften at room temperature, add the chicken, salt, and pepper.

 The recipe called for 1 1/2 c. of grated cheddar cheese, and 1 c. of grated Monterey Jack cheese. That seemed like too much, so we used about 1 3/4 c. of shredded mild cheddar cheese. It seemed fine for us.

You mix all the ingredients together. My cream cheese wasn't as soft as I thought, so I had to use two forks to mix. It should look like this when you're done.

The recipe called for 6 large crescent rolls, or two cans of 8 regular size crescent rolls. I didn't see that ahead of time, so I only had one can of 8 rolls. I have about half the mixture left for another round of these. I might even get a small can of crescent rolls because I feel like I overstuffed these.
Once you put the filling in the roll, try to close the roll as best you can. It may still spill out a little, but it's not a big deal.

I didn't realize our bread crumbs were Italian style, but I think I gave it more flavor. I melted 2 tablespoons of butter in a coffee mug in the microwave. I just recently bought a basting brush, and it has made my life so much easier!

After you put butter and bread crumbs on the rolls, it's time to pop them in the oven! We had to bake for the full 25 minutes, but our oven is a little on the cool side. I also used parchment paper so I would not have to worry about the rolls sticking to the pan.

After they cooled, it was time to eat!

Phil definitely approves this meal :) We did feel that it was on the salty side, but I used kosher salt which could be why.

If you make this recipe, I hope it comes out as successfully as it did for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...