Friday, July 8, 2016

BB-3 Week 36 Update

So a few things I want to mention.

{NOTE: Fair warning, #2 is very much TMI, but I want it in here for my own personal records. I would skip #2 unless you want to know something very personal about my body. You have been warned}

1) I have an induction date, unless BB-3 has their own agenda. My induction will be on 8/2/16! {And yes, I picked that date on purpose ;)} I'm already 2 cm dilated, so we'll see what happens!

{Remember: Skip this if you don't want to read something really personal about me!}

2) On Friday night, I found what looked like a blood blister on the lips of my private area. I confirmed with Phil that it wasn't a tick, and just figured I would bring it up at my appointment on Wednesday. It was 5 days away, so what could happen? So the next morning, Phil woke up early to fly to Atlanta for a quick trip with my dad and brother. He was going to be home by late afternoon on Monday, and I was certain I wouldn't go into labor. When I went to bed Saturday night, I had to stop and pee one last time. This was 11pm. I went to wipe, and I saw some bright red blood. I wiped again, and figured out it was from the blood blister, and not my vaginal canal. Feeling better about that, I started to stand up. Well, that blister popped, and it was bleeding everywhere. I mean, it looked like a horror film in my bathroom :( So I tried putting pressure on it, but after 10 minutes it was still bleeding just as badly. So I called Phil. Then I called the hospital. Then I was given the number for the doctor on call at the hospital. No one seemed to know why it was still bleeding, nor what exactly it could be. I was getting nervous by this point, but I also felt BB-3 moving around and knew they were ok. I got a bunch of gauze, and laid on my side in bed like the on call doctor told me. I somehow fell asleep, and by morning it had stopped bleeding. Thank goodness! When I had my appointment with Dr. P this week, she checked it out and thinks it was either a blood blister or a varicose vein. As long as I'm just extra careful, I shouldn't have any more issues with it. I will say that my feeling of worry and dread is much lighter than before. I have more peace about the pregnancy, and hope that continues to grow. I'm feeling confident that this was the weird and unusual thing that would have made me super panic had I not noticed it the night before it all happened. (Especially since Phil was not home at the time)

{It's safe to read again :)}

3) Jillian is already upset that BB-3 is not here yet. Now that I'm on weekly appointments, she thinks I'm going to have the baby every time we go to the doctor's office. When I told her how many days until the induction date, she said "Awww......... I can't wait that long!" I feel ya, darlin'.

4) Everything seems to still look good! BB-3's heart rate was 158, my BP was 110/79, and no mention of protein in my urine sample. All my swelling/aches and pains are par for the course, especially for a third pregnancy. Having had 2 winter babies, I don't know how other women have had summer babies. This heat, and my swelling is just torture! Yeesh!

Today's date: July 8, 2016

How far along: 36 Weeks

Total weight gain: 38 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a head of romaine lettuce, a papaya, a Cabbage Patch Doll, or two plates of beignets! They are around 6 pounds, and about 19 inches long, (or whatever they will be at birth.) BB-3 is shedding lanugo and vernix, and is getting closer to being able to breathe on their own outside of the womb. By the end of the week, BB-3 will be considered "early term", and is most likely trying to become engaged into the birth canal. (Which they are, according to Dr. P!) {via and via}

Baby is a: healthy baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, minus XXL shirts and sweatpants at home. Even with maternity stuff, it's getting hard to cover that belly of mine!

Sleep: Sleep is decent. I had one night where I just could not get to sleep. Luckily, I have some relaxation tracks, and I listened to those to finally fall asleep. It's weird because I'm either having trouble going to sleep, or I'm borderline narcoleptic and sleeping no matter what! No in between :) Also, I pee about once a night, and have to roll to the other side at least once, which is getting harder to do every night.

Movement: Gets their kick counts done easy peasy!

Cravings/Aversions: Main craving this week was fruit, cereal, and cheesecake. Same ol' aversions.

Morning Sickness: I woke up on Tuesday feeling just awful. Like, I couldn't tell if I was going to be sick, or have a vertigo episode, or what. It was terrible :( Thankfully, I started to feel a little better. Hopefully that was a one time deal.

Symptoms: Lots of heartburn lately, painful movements, Braxton Hicks and false labor contractions/cramps, GI issues, very much emotional mess and cranky, out of breath, big baby bump, itchy belly, gassy, wanting to nest yet can't, very light swelling, tired, sensitive nasal cavity, sensitive gums, can't see my feet anymore, exhaustion, and overwhelming feeling of being done and ready to meet BB-3!

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks everyday, and some cramping every other day. When I had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I was already 2 cm dilated, and BB-3's head was easily felt so they are in position. If she mentioned effacement, I didn't hear her. I'll be interested to see what it'll be next week!

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Pretty similar at this point, minus the few things that are more of a mix from both previous pregnancies. Also, see my notes above.

The best moment of this past week: Phil going on a fun trip and making it home, not going into labor while he was gone, and having a good doctor's appointment!

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: BB-3 coming!
Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...