Friday, July 22, 2016

BB-3 Week 38 Update

{Just like with Jillian and David, I have hit my pregnancy wall. I am over it, I'm ready to give birth, and I'm an emotional wreck. I made my own mother cry the other day. Ugh. I'm not pleasant to be around, and I'm trying my best to just be as positive as possible. My induction date is in 11 days. Hold it together, Courtney!!}

Today's date: July 22, 2016

How far along: 38 Weeks

Total weight gain: 41 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a pumpkin, a spaghetti squash, a leek, or a half baking sheet of meringues! They are about 6-1/2 to 6-2/3 pounds, and 20 inches long, (or whatever their length at birth will be). BB-3 has a firm grip, and all of their organs are fully developed for life outside the womb. BB-3 should have some hair, and is getting into position for birth! {via and via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All day. errr day.

Sleep: Sleep is ok for now. When I get to sleep, I sleep hard. I've been accidently falling asleep when I'm in the living room with the kids. Jillian has been noticing, and will be a little sneaky if she thinks I won't notice. I feel like I'm in a constant state of exhaustion, but that's nothing new.

Movement: Gets kick counts during the day just fine. Lots of rolling/stretching more than kicks. Gets hiccups once a day now :)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are mostly cheesecake, strawberries, caramel, iced coffee, and spicy food. I have a list of last minute cravings to fulfill just in case BB-3 decides to come a little early ;) No big aversions lately.

Morning Sickness: I usually get a little queasy first thing in the morning, and every so often I feel icky during the day/the end of the day. Nothing terrible.

Symptoms: All the symptoms I've had since last week. Nothing new, and nothing is better. We're crawling to the home stretch folks!

Labor Signs: I was still dilated to 2 cm, but I'm at 50% effaced. Dr. P told me that 2nd and 3rd babies usually just have the same dilation point until they decide to come, so it's not necessarily a factor in to how quickly BB-3 will come. I just want a little progression before my induction just for my own peace of mind. I guess I better start walking!

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Pretty similar at this point. I'm D.O.N.E. and ready for BB-3's arrival!

The best moment of this past week: Having a good appointment, surviving the week, and getting some last minute baby-prep done.

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: Having my parents here soon, and meeting my baby face to face!

Bump Comparison:

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...