Monday, November 9, 2009

Feels Like I'll Never Be The Same...

*le sigh*

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being in OIL. However, sleeping 21 hours over the past 4 nights does not appeal to me very much :-/ Luckily I now get to sleep in my own bed with my husband :) That does brighten things up a bit. OIL was fun, but I also feeling like we had one of the best freshmen classes this session hands down! I really hope next session is just as inspiring and just a tad bit smoother sailing than this one ;) Can't wait for post mortem though!! I know it's in two weeks, but nobody has really decided where it's going to be. Hmm...

I know I've been laxed on my Project 365 pictures, but now that I don't have a conference that requires my utmost attention 24/5 (since it's only 5 days long), I will be back in the grind of things starting tonight.

For now, I decided to share something with you that I heard on the radio during one of my commutes over the past 5 days. This is technically a picture from Project 365, but since it's not for today, I won't name it as such.

I was listening to KLOVE on my way to the capitol after running to work for a little meeting. They had some woman come on to give a little blurb about marriage. Here's what I got out of it. Marriage is defined by some as always being in that "head-over-heels", "madly in love" phase that many relationships eventually grow out of. To some, when this goes away, they contemplate if they are truly in love anymore. The truth is, anything worth having is worth working on. Marriage is not an answer to a troubled relationship nor is it something that comes easy to some and hard to others. Some days you may wake up next to your spouse and wonder why you got married in the first place. However, your commitment to your marriage is like tying a shoe. If you make the conscience decision to retie your shoe every morning, you are not just putting another article of clothing on. Instead, you are making the choice to ensure a stronger hold in your knot as well as a longer-lasting shoe. If you were to just tie your shoe once and slip it on and off, your shoe will wear out faster and the laces will eventually break. The bottom line being: you may not always have that gooey feeling of love all the time, but by choosing to live out your commitment with your spouse, your love will grow deeper and stronger with each and every day :)

Peace to you,

"Like A Star" by Corinne Bailey Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...