Thursday, November 12, 2009

It Doesn't Matter What You've Heard...

In honor of our future move to this area, I felt it was important to enlighten my husband as to why Reading is the perfect town in Pennsylvania for us :) Enjoy!

Reasons to love Reading
  1. Good real estate market
  2. Good school districts
  3. Commute to Philadelphia is within the range requested by Phil (no more than an hour)
  4. Several job opportunities for both of us
  5. Community initiative to lower crime rates
  6. Nice weather :)
  7. Snow!! ( aka more white Christmases!)
  8. They have a local hockey AND baseball team! (w00t!)
  9. Lots of activities the family can go to together
  10. A community theater/respect for the arts in general
Those were my top 10 things to love about Reading, PA. There are a few other reasons I'm excited about moving there (such as easy travel to NYC, I already know some awesome people in that area, etc). I won't lie, it's still a little scary to know I'll be moving so far from everything I know. However, I'm not letting my fear stop Phil from persuing his dreams. It'll be a grand adventure that we will face together, hand in hand. At least I won't have to do it alone :)
Peace to you,

"What Faith Can Do" by Kutless

2 comments:

  1. Umm...you forgot the most important reason to move here! :) :) :)

    I am so giddy about this, and again, if you ever have any questions, I've lived here all 23 years of my life, so... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA it's true :)

    I really do appreciate the offer! Actually, Phil and I will probably have to live in an apartment before we can buy a house. What are some not-so-good areas of town that we need to avoid?

    Also, we'll definitely have to travel up there for any interviews he has, looking at apartments, etc. When it gets closer to that, we should definitely try to meet! You could show us the good places to eat, shop, etc :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...