Thursday, February 25, 2010

Leave The Work For Someone Else...

Things are looking up for Cleo :) We bought some wet food for her and she ate it up! The only problem is, because our other two cats are really COWS in disguise, we have to take turns watching her eat so that they don't steal her food. We give them PLENTY of dry food, but that's not good enough for them apparently =P Oh the life of multiple cat owners...

Yesterday was A-mazing :) I only had my 8 am class to go to due to what's called the LA Symposium at school. It's pretty much an entire afternoon of political science discussion panels. We're strongly encouraged to go, but I decided to stay home. To be honest, I didn't even make it to my 8 am class. Let me explain that one. My gas light came on as I got home the day before and I promised Phil I'd remember to get gas before I left for school the next morning. I've been really exhausted lately and I can't seem to make myself get out of bed until 7 am. This is bad news bears since I have to leave by 7:20 to get to school on time. Plus, I had been late the past 2 classes and didn't want to look bad. So I wake up far too late again and walk out the door around 7:28 am. Ok, I think I can still make it! I jump in my car and notice a thin layer of frost. Great. So I turn on my car and start to crank up the heat to get rid of it. As I reach for the scrapper, my gas light *dings* at me to remind me I need gas too. Ok, if I just had to get gas or just had to defrost my windshield, I would have been fine. Both? That was a sentence to being late... again. So I said "forget it!" and just went back inside :)

Phil and I had already planned to hang out since I didn't have class, so we just started a little earlier! We watched some more of Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother before heading out to Mardel's and Borders. We walked around and had a nice time. Then we went home and had a nice lunch together. After lunch, we used my Fandango gift card to see "When in Rome"! First of all, it was a cute and funny movie. Second of all, LOVE matinee prices!! Even with a $2 online processing fee, we only spent $9.50 so I still have $15.50 on my gift card!! Sweet :) Then we went to a local froyo place called Pink Swirls, walked to Petsmart to get some wet food for Cleo to try. Then we went home and fed her/relaxed a little bit by watching the last 2 episodes of HIMYM Season 1. I told Phil we needed to do something fun since the last episode was a little depressing. We went to Hobby Lobby were I saved 50% on the entire purchase because of some great sales going on! I'll have to post pictures of what we got :D Then we tried to get my car washed before more rain and snow come, but the only Shell car wash in town wasn't working. Phil traded cars with me for the day to wash my car. How sweet! :) Anyways, then we went home, had a nice dinner, watched some tv and baked some brownies! Did I mention it was a GORGEOUS day outside?!! There wasn't a cloud in the sky and even though it was only in the 40s, it was pretty warm :D I love mental health days!!! I really needed it after the day I had before.

Speaking of gorgeous weather despite the gray, rainy/snowy winter, can I just say I love this commercial?! I especially like the cheesy ring around his mouth :) It makes me ready to be in Jamaica again...


Hope y'all are having a great day!

Peace to you,

"Perfect Day" by Hoku

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...