Thursday, April 8, 2010

Something And Something And Lots Of Big Kittens...

First I would like to clarify the title of this post. I've seen The Sound of Music more than I'd like to admit. Up until my junior year of high school, substitute teachers thought this particular movie would be good to show a choir class since they knew nothing about music. Here's the deal with this movie for me. 1) With the limited amount of time for class, I always thought the movie ended after the big wedding. I was watching it with my mom and when it kept going I asked what was going on. That started quite a laughing riot. 2) (The reason for the title) Despite having see this particular scene several times, I never really learned the words to "My Favorite Things". Even as a small child, I would make up words if I didn't know them. So one day, (fairly recently), I'm in the car with my family and the song comes up and I start to sing along. "Something and something and red woolen mittens. Something and something and lots of big kittens!" My dad just started laughing really hard. With the "big kittens" line, he decides to make a loud "MEEEOW" in a deep voice. Ever since then, it's been a big joke in our family. For those who don't know, the first two lines are actually "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens". I was off and out of order! Oh well...

Second, I thought I'd do something different today. I seem to post when something major happens to me. By major I mean a trip or when something is bothering me. So today I'm posting pictures of a few of my favorite things. At least, my favorite things right now ;)











Peace to you,

"My Favorite Things" by Julie Andrews from The Sound of Music

2 comments:

  1. Looooooooooove all those things! I especially love How I Met Your Mother. (Although I miss the first two seasons. Even the third season. I feel like it's gotten slightly not as good. Le sigh.)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...