Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Easy If You Do It Right...

{via}
Today has been weird for me. I woke up, had a leisurely breakfast and then practiced my voice lesson songs. Practicing would be weird by itself, (I'm not very good at practicing), but something else happened: I had a driving adventure.

What's a driving adventure?

It's something my mom came up with when we moved to Oklahoma. It was her way of learning how to get around since we were still figuring out the area. We would drive around on different roads just to see where they went. Sometimes it was on purpose and other times it just happened. No matter what, we always found our way home.

Now today, it was purely by accident. I decided I wanted to go out and do something today. I get the house key and garage door opener from a drawer in the laundry room and headed towards a mall. Well, there's a larger mall a little further from my folks house and I decided that would be better to go to. As I came to the exit for the mall, I saw a sign for downtown St Paul and changed my mind again. I've wanted to visit the capitol for awhile now and thought it'd be fun. Needless to say, it didn't happen. I have a great talent of hitting every. single. green light in town when I don't know where I'm going. I somehow ended up in the middle of downtown St Paul and had no place to pull in a get my bearings. All the metered spots were taken, I didn't want to pay $12 to park for 2 minutes and I didn't have my gps with me. I finally gave up and headed back to my folks' house. I see another sign for Stillwater, MN and remember my mom is always talking about the great shopping they have! I change course again and head that way. After driving for a few minutes, I feel like I should be going with someone else so I don't get lost. I exit unto a street I recognize and just start driving around White Bear Lake. I end up going to a theater near my parents' old apartment and go to see a movie. I was hoping I'd be the only one, but 4 kids walked in right as the movie started. The movie was great! It was funny, sweet, and it made me tear up a little at the end. Definitely worth the money/drive ;) The only issue I had was the fact that none of the other viewers laughed! I felt silly laughing out loud at times. Oh well, didn't mess up my viewing experience! After that, my parents were headed home so I did the same.

My dad and I will be going to the driving range tomorrow afternoon! I have decided that I'd like to learn how to play golf! It seems random, I know, but it's something I've always wanted to learn. Hopefully I'm not too bad at it. If nothing else, it will be comic relief for my daddy-o ;) Also, my mom and I will be making a trip on Sunday night to Sioux City to see my grandma. Then on our way home Monday, we'll be stopping at Walnut Grove to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum and dugout site!! If you don't know, I've loved the Little House on the Prairie book series since I was young. My mom bought the series for me and would read the stories to me before bed. I've always felt a connection to Laura and loved everything about the books. We've visited several of the other places she has lived, but we're not quite done with the list. I think we'll have 2 more places after Walnut Grove, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm pretty excited about going though! Plus, I'll be able to show my grandma pictures from my trip to San Diego over spring break. She used to live in Santa Ana and I know she'll love seeing the pictures :)

Day 7 of my 25 Days of Music
Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - Your least favorite song
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 - A song that you know all the words to
Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io
"Misery Business" by Paramore
Day 08 - A song that you can dance to
Day 09 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 10 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 11 - A song that makes you think of your best friend
Day 12 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 13 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 14 - A song that describes you
Day 15 - A song from your favorite album
Day 16 - A song from your favorite band
Day 17 - A song from a band you can't stand
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 19- A song that you wish you could play
Day 20 - A song from your childhood
Day 21- A song with great lyrics
Day 22- A song you love with no lyrics
Day 23 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 24 - A song that you could never get tired of
Day 25 - Your favorite song at this time last year

Judge me if you will, but one of my best friends since high school, Jess, and I love Paramore. Jess and I were driving somewhere one day and we decided we wanted to learn all the words to this song. So we put it on repeat, I took out the words and we sang it over and over together. I don't know if Jess still knows them, but I know I certainly do ;)

Hope you're having a great day and remember... tomorrow's Friday!

Peace to you,
"Misery Business" by Paramore

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...