Friday, July 23, 2010

Til We've Seen This Journey Through...

{Our Wedding 5.24.08 - Pictures Via}
I'm back! My last two days in Minnesota were a little hectic because we were trying to squeeze in lots of stuff before I left. After that, my mom and I drove to Walnut Grove and on to Sioux City. Then I went to Kansas City the next day and then finally home on Wednesday evening. I didn't have internet for a few days, hence the absence. Plus, once I got home, I had a lot going on before I was settled enough to write.

I have been a terrible blogger friend! I've been keeping up with everyone, but I haven't made any comments. I'll think of comments, and then forget to post them. Now worries, I'm on a mission and nothing can stop me :)

I'll do a small picture post of my trip. I really did have a great time and I can't thank my parents enough for everything. I love them!

Yesterday was a little rough. First of all, it was the first day back at the office and the first day that co-workerladyma'am was gone. Her desk is cleaned out, (and clean! lol), and it made me sad :( I know we'll keep in touch and she'll visit every so often, but I doubt any other co-worker will be as cool/nerdy/abletoputupwithme like her :) Plus, we share the same name. THat automatically makes her awesome HAHA! Well, I was left alone during the afternoon and, long story short, I made a mess of things without realizing what was going on. I should have picked up on it and I was mad. I was pretty busy because I had lots of phone calls in the afternoon and other orders to do, but it was something I should have been on top of. Luckily Bossman knows what he's doing and it sounds like everything is working itself out. At least today is Friday right?!

During my lunch break, I had to go to the doctor and give blood so they could check my levels, as per the deal with my doctor about leaving town. Well, the guy that usually does this was busy so a girl sits me down. Something made me a little nervous when I noticed she didn't have all the supplies, (the tubes your blood goes into), when she got started. As soon as she stuck me, I said "OW!" really loudly out loud. I haven't done that in years... RED FLAG! Well, she then reaches for the tubes and does her thing. It hurt SO bad even as soon as I was walking out the front door to my car. I started to cry in the car because it hurt so much. I took some Motrin as Phil suggested and tried to rest it as best I could. I later tried to get the tape off and I saw this...
Yeah. She butchered my arm. That woman is never touching me again! Luckily I got a call from the doctor later in the day saying that my levels are at negative which means I don't have to see her again until my annual appointment or if I get pregnant again. Thank goodness!! My arm still looks awful, but it's not as sore anymore.

After work, Phil and I went grocery shopping. I'm tracking with Weight Watchers again and we barely had anything to eat. We spent way more than I thought we were going to, but I know we needed it. I guess that's why you don't go shopping once there's nothing left LOL Then I bought the 30 Day Shred workout video because I know several people who have used it and recommend it. Plus, I've always been a fan of Jillian :) Well, Phil did it with me and it was ROUGH. I should not have pushed so hard since it was my first time and because of my arm. It was probably funny to see Phil and I crawling up the stairs so we could clean up and go to bed. We were so sore!! I'm still kinda sore this morning, but not as badly as I thought I would be. I do think we'll wait until we're a little more in shape to do it again. We'll find another way to work out until then :)

Now onto the music.
Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - Your least favorite song
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 - A song that you know all the words to
Day 08 - A song that you can dance to
Day 09 - A song that you want to play at your wedding

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io
"The Servant Song" by David Haas
Day 10 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 11 - A song that makes you think of your best friend
Day 12 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 13 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 14 - A song that describes you
Day 15 - A song from your favorite album
Day 16 - A song from your favorite band
Day 17 - A song from a band you can't stand
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 19- A song that you wish you could play
Day 20 - A song from your childhood
Day 21- A song with great lyrics
Day 22- A song you love with no lyrics
Day 23 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 24 - A song that you could never get tired of
Day 25 - Your favorite song at this time last year

It was hard to pick which song to use since our wedding has already happened. However, this is one of the few songs I had on my computer :) This is the song my wonderful and talent friend (since 9th grade!) sang and played on the guitar during our unity candle. I still get compliments about the great singer I had! I just love the lyrics to this song. That's why I felt it was important to us as a newly married couple to hear immediately after our vows. Now when I hear it, it makes me tear up, (especially verse 4).

Phil and I have been through so much since our wedding 2 years ago. Even with all the hard stuff, I wouldn't change any of it and I know I wouldn't have made it through without the amazing, loving, and Christian husband that God designed just for me. I love you Phil :) *mush*

Happy Friday everyone!

Peace to you,

"The Servant Song" by Richard Gillard

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...