Wednesday, November 10, 2010

He Was Showing His Love...

{via}


Working hard to get back in the swing of things. Work is going well, but I'm behind on my reading again. {This tune sounds awfully familiar...} I have a test in my Shakespeare class and more reading to accomplish. However, there are two things I am happy/looking forward to.

1) I've been going on wedding hyper-drive for Annette. I know she can get overwhelmed so I've condensed my questions to 1 per day max. Of course, I did email her 6 final ones to keep me going for now. It's nice to have something to plan for/work on for after graduation. It would be depressing if all I had was work. It's going to be a wonderful wedding!

2) Phil and I are going to the Arkansas game in Fayetteville on Saturday!!! I canNOT wait to go :D WOOOO PIG SOOIE!!! I will take the camera and take lots of photos :)

Now I will share my next poem. This is about a very special man in my life, (I am blessed to have so many!). Try to guess who it is!


Hands
His hands are as soft as Bounty paper towels,
the light white hairs are merely wisps
that do not cover his freckles.

His work does not require hard labor
he has no calluses on his palms,
though you will find some on his fingertips.

His hands are usually clasped in prayer,
strong enough to give strength to those who need it,
yet soft enough to comfort.

These hands have clapped in excitement of a well played ball game,
held strong the hand of his only daughter as he gave her away,
and clenched in anger when no one would listen.

A man’s personality can be seen by his actions,
this man’s soul can be seen through his hands,
his strong and loving hands.


Peace to you,
"The Hand Song" by Nickel Creek

p.s. A little LOLcat to make you smile. We're halfway to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...