Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This Christmas All Your Dreams Will Come True...


{via}
I am posting 3 videos and another poem today :) You'll understand why when you watch the last one. The first was a quick little one I did when Phil and I went to the Arkansas game on the 13th. Then I have a video of the players running through the A before the game (and yes, that is me singing the fight song in the background HAHA). I'll do another post this weekend with pictures from the game. I just need to get through this week...







Lines
The architect draws a line
Not an ordinary line
but a part of something bigger,
something greater
than what others could have dreamt of.
That’s why he’s the architect.
He draws another line.
The architect has friends,
but he doesn’t see them often
The life of an architect can be lonely
He’s the friend people call
to go for a cup of coffee
when they’re down
He’s also the fun drunk
who always smiles
no matter what was said
His friends miss him
but he just doesn’t have the time.
He barely had time in college.
The architect sleeps in the studio
to get things done
He draws another line.
The architect is single.
He has family that he cares about,
but none of them live close by
The architect has tried dating,
but thinks the female race can never understand his work,
like a mistress.
It demands more time from him than he expects
He draws another line.
The architect is quiet,
but he says something meaningful
His heart is architecture
As a child he drew
comics starring “Carrot Man”
with the villains being the vegetables he hated
Following junior high, he could be found
drawing models of baseball stadiums
He’s not designing ballparks like he dreams,
but he’s still young
We must all pay our dues.
He draws another line.
Line
after line
after line
placed intricately on the page.
Finished.
His boss smiles
it is ahead of schedule
the architect knows he’s done well today
He jumps on his bike as he heads home for the evening
The economy is bad,
as is the job market,
but hope is alive.
The architect rides home
as the sun starts to set.

Peace to you,

"Twist of the Magi" by SHeDAISY and Rascal Flatts

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun at the Arkansas game. :) I can't wait to go back again next year. Just hang in there and we'll get you through this week. Only 17 more days until you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute, and your video posts always make me miss you! By the way, I'm definitely struggling with the whole people pleasing issue lately, and I'd love to talk/vent with you about it sometime if you like.

    I love you & miss you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...