Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tell Me All About Your Men, And Your Hopes...


{Happy Fall Y'all!}

I can't believe I've gone almost an entire month without posting something. I mean, that's really bad... even for me! I've had several posts in my head I wanted to bang out that apparently haven't happened. Don't worry, they'll end up on here at some point. Today is a catch up day. I will bring you in on all the juicy, er, dry details, (my life is boring... sorry!). Lucky for you, I have pictures :)

*****
The day after my last post, Phil and I went to the Haunted Castle in Muskogee! It's become a tradition since 2008, but we always seem to go with different people. The only problem with going every year is, you're less scared every time. I think it's because we remember where people are hiding. We went with a larger group this year so that was fun. The best part for us was driving up to Tulsa instead of home afterwards. What would have been a 2 hour drive was only 30 minutes. We were in bed by 12:15 and it felt good.

The next day we had the homecoming game at TU. It was fun being with Phil, his parents, and his aunt and uncle. The game itself was kind of messing. They won the game, (it was homecoming after all), but it was not pretty. Lots of mistakes, dropping/almost dropping the ball, etc. Oh well.

*****
After our nice weekend in Tulsa, the wind picked up and caused my allergies to go nuts. I mean, absolutely nuts. I had fall break for school Thursday and Friday, but I was so congested that I ended up missing school on Wednesday. My head hurt so bad that I could barely turn my head without getting dizzy and feeling like I would throw up. I went to work for half the day Thursday and went home just feeling gross. I did get to sleep for the next few days and slowly felt better. I'm just now getting completely over my allergies, (this round anyways), so that should tell you something.

The one good thing about my fall break was a family wedding in Dallas! It was on Sunday night, and my brother, Phil, and I had to drive back that night for work/school the next day. However... I got to see my parents!! Even though it was for less than 12 hours, it was absolutely worth it :D The wedding is actually for my cousin's son. {Exposition: You see, my dad is the baby of his family and the oldest sibling, Peggy, had her only child when my dad was 3 years old. This means, my cousin is closer to my dad's age. With me being the baby of the family, I'm the youngest grandchild of the bunch. The groom in this wedding is my cousin's son, who just happens to be 2 months older than me. Thank you big family for this confusing announcement. End of Exposition} I was told before hand that the wedding would have a goth theme. Since my imagination is really good, I was prepared for all kinds of stuff. However, it was very low key, very reflective of the couple, and I thought it was nice :)

Enjoy these pictures from the wedding!


Yummy cake and cute vampire topper!
The bride's bouquet
{yes, that is a barbie head, arm, and leg inside}
My mama!
Love my daddy-o!
He's so great :D
Two of my favorite aunts from KC!
{Becky, myself, and Joyce}

*****
Also, before the wedding, Phil and I decorated for Halloween! Now, I'm entirely sure what happened, but I was very excited for Halloween this year. Did I dress up in a costume? No. Did I go to a party and have lots of fun? No. Did I pass out candy? No, I made Phil do it for the 5 kids that came by. Did I do anything aside from watch horror movies and enjoy my decorations inside my comfy home? Nope, not at all. No matter what the deal was, I had a fun time decorating with Phil. Here are some photos!

Front door
Close up of our cool wreath from Target
Phil LOVES this skeleton guy
Cobwebs and orange lights
and a dementor (plus Petey)
Mantle area
our ottoman
Lots of cobwebs and spiders

and, of course, our GIANT fuzzy spider by the front door!

*****
This past weekend was very low key which is exactly what I needed. I'm feeling more and more overwhelmed with everything. I realized I have 6 weeks before my recital and my graduation. Now, the recital is actually coming along pretty nicely. However, being the perfectionist I am, I'm pretty nervous about it. I have 3 French songs and I've never sung in French before. It's a little scary, but I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

It's also hard to believe that I'll finally be done with college. So many things have gotten in the way before. Things have popped up at the last minute that have prolonged this entire process. It's strange to think that I just need to go to class everyday, turn in my work, try hard on any tests and that's it. It'll all be over. Wow. Don't pinch me, I want to stay this way for just a moment longer...

With Sunday being Halloween, Phil and I, of course, did what most people do...

We carved pumpkins!
(Notice the 3 cat pumpkins that show off each cat's personality ;P)
The bloody (pumpkin-y) aftermath
and we, er, Phil passed out candy

*****
I cut my hair, just like I have the last 2 Octobers. Apparently this is my new thing. However, I did it this time because the ends of my hair were absolutely awful. It was unhealthy, really dry, and not good to have on my head. Now I look like this...


Hope you're having a great day and start of the week :)

Peace to you,
"Come On Sister" by Belle & Sebastian (diggin' their newest CD so far!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...