Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'd Write The Ending Without Any Sorrow...


{via}

With very little having happened to me since returning to the "Real World - Last Semester of College", I decided to show off some of my recent work for creative writing. I am taking a creative writing course where we were asked to write 5 pages worth of poetry. I don't feel completely comfortable publishing one of the one here just yet, so I'm going to share them over the next few days. There are six total, but I'll post two today since they are short. If you like them, great! Tell me about it! If you don't... it's ok too :) Just don't be really mean/rude about it please and thank you!

Without further ado...

Reflection
Overlooked by many.
Used by the vain for shallow reasons.
Blamed for accidents.
Sometimes lost.
Sometimes held together by shiny silver duck tape.
CAUTION!
Objects are indeed closer
than they appear.

Techno Barf
When your personal business becomes the latest gossip.
To make a grammatical mistake that 87 people tell you about.
Where 20 other people share your original thoughts and problems.
Having your musical tastes questioned by people who only listen to Justin Bieber.
It’s enough to make me hurl.
blog.

Happy Tuesday!
Peace to you,

"Wrapped Up In Books" by Belle & Sebastian

2 comments:

  1. I think they're great, Courtney :). I especially love the second part of the first one (the duct tape part, hehe). You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved these! :) can't wait to read the others!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...