Thursday, February 26, 2015

David the Toddler

As of February 12th, David is officially a toddler. {No more Baby Davey :( However, I can call him Davey Boy!}

When I was picking him up from the nursery after hand bell practice at church, he suddenly walked to me unassisted! We caught two videos of him walking, and it was so exciting! Here is the first video:

David's First Steps 2/12/15 from Courtney on Vimeo.
{He fell over because he was trying to throw a cute face to the other mom by the door. What a flirt ;)}

Of course, in true Davey fashion, he only started really walking again this past Sunday, February 22nd.

Having a second child is fascinating in the sense of just how similar and different things can be from your first child. For example, he and Jillian are the same in that they both have to know without a doubt they can do something before they even try. They are different in that, Jillian will then do said skill from then on, whereas David will only do it when and if he pleases.

David is a little more daring than Jillian was at this age. Sure she climbed things and got into stuff, but David is always trying to climb anything taller than him! Luckily, he's a bruiser and rarely gets hurt. Jillian, on the other hand, would cry or fuss anytime she couldn't do something or barely fell over.

I can tell David gets frustrated, but it seems to happen more when he's trying to communicate than any other time. He can vocalize pretty well for this age. However, he is very much attached to his pacifier. That may need to be remedied sooner rather than later.

Overall, I feel a little pressure to get him more vocal. At the same time, I am content in knowing he will get there. If Jillian taught me anything, it's that kids really will do things when they are ready to do it. Even if something came up, I know there's help around me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...