Wednesday, February 25, 2015

New Recipes FTW {Meatball and Spaghetti Soup}

I've been on the look out for some easy dinner ideas since the beginning of the year. I knew Phil was going to have longer work days for a few months, so dinner would be completely in my hands for myself and the kiddos.

Now don't get me wrong, I generally like to cook. I enjoy trying new recipes too. However, David is very much attached to me, and is also very hungry. I mean, he wants whatever resembles food, and he wants it whether it is cooked or not. {This is not an exaggeration either.} That being said, I needed things that I could potentially prep during his nap, or would not take much time to prep before I threw it in the oven or Crock-Pot.

Every so often, a few of the blogs that I follow will have their meal plan for the week posted. Sometimes they have links to the recipes, and sometimes they don't. Other times, what they list is something I know not many of us will eat. I am thankful to those of you who list what you eat, because I have had 3 successful new dinners that are relatively easy to cook that the whole family likes! I still have 2 more recipes to try, but I'm pretty confident these will go over well :)

I'll post about the others later, but I thought I would start with the first one I made. It is Meatball and Spaghetti Soup.

Now, I know what you're thinking because I felt the same way. Really? Meatball and Spaghetti Soup? So you took a messy meal and made it even messier?! Hear me out on this.

1. Yes, it is messy. The way we got around this was by giving the 3 year old minimal liquid, (i.e. barely 2 Tablespoons worth), and we gave the 1 year old the noodles and meatballs on a plate.

2. As strange of a combo as it sounds, it works! All four of us had seconds, which is a big feat for Jillian.

3. As much as it doesn't sound like things will cook properly, they do. Trust the instructions. We even tested the internal temp of the meatballs and it was cooked thoroughly.

I found the recipe from this blog, and the recipe was found here. Here is a picture of our final product:

Try it for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...