Friday, May 13, 2016

BB-3 Week 28 Update


I know I was a bit on the dramatic side with my vlog yesterday. It was meant to be somewhat light-hearted, but I had just finished a round of discipline with Jillian where she accused me of being a mean mommy. She is literally calling myself, and Phil, mean parents if we follow through on any consequence that we give her warnings for. First of all, thank you for all the comments and texts, as well as thoughts, prayers, and hugs you mentally sent my way. It means a lot to me, and I know I just need to just keep doing what I'm doing. I've got so much going on that I have to do physically, emotionally, and mentally for the next month, so I think I'm just overwhelmed. It's when I'm overwhelmed and tired that I tend to be the most fearful about everything else in my life. One more week of preschool for Jillian, and a little more time before our big trip, and hopefully I'll get the mental reset that I desperately need. Secondly, even though I just saw them, I still really miss my parents lately. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has to do with the shift that came once I realized my last grandparent was gone. It just makes me feel like my time with them is that much more precious than before!

Today's date: May 13, 2016

How far along: 28 Weeks {Officially the 3rd trimester!! :D}

Total weight gain: 22 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a large eggplant, tropical coconut, or Couronne Bread! {In case you're curious, I've been using the Ovia pregnancy app, and the setting is on Parisian Bakery for BB-3's size every week. Hence the random bakery items ;)} They are around 2-3/4 pounds, and nearly 15 inches long. BB-3 can blink and notice light in the womb. Their lungs are developed enough that they could survive outside of the womb, (with lots of medical intervention). BB-3 is continuing to fatten up and get some chubby cheeks like their siblings :) {via and via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, except for bedtime. 

Sleep: I feel so exhausted. The few times I do have energy, my body will be aching, so I can hardly do anything. I woke up at 3:30 this morning to pee, but otherwise I just move positions about 4-5 times a night and fall back asleep. I haven't been tired enough to go to bed until nearly midnight the last 3 days. Hopefully that changes! I accidently took a 5 minute nap the other day, and the kids were getting into things that were potentially unsafe, (like medicine and toothpaste). So no more naps if I can help it until they start listening to me. {HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *gasp* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA}

Movement: BB-3 moves every day, and close to the same time every day. I notice quieter times or days, but I officially start kick counts after my appointment on Tuesday. I have no worries that BB-3 will do well with those. Like I mentioned in my vlog, sometimes there are movements like are more like vibrations for lack of a better term. I'm sure it's fine, but neither Jillian nor David ever did that. It's on my list for my doctor to ask about.


Cravings/Aversions: I craved sour dough bread (with and without jam), chocolate anything, and fruit. Aversions are raw meat (the smell!), pork, rice (the texture!), peanut butter (the smell AND texture!), and mushrooms.

Morning Sickness: No quesiness this week!

Symptoms: Big baby bump, bump feeling heavy, out of breath, baby kicks, sore boobs, round ligament pain, pimples (SO bad this week!), gassy, emotional, nesting, tired feet, a little lower back pain, heartburn, pelvic pain (pretty intense at times), feet no longer in sight, nasal sensitivity, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks, but that's all.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Less morning sickness, no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, more out-of-breath feelings, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, and more painful pelvic sensations.

The best moment of this past week: Passing my glucose test, and surviving the week.

What I miss: Nothing at all

I'm looking forward to: Final week of school before summer, seeing my doctor and getting a few questions answered, finalizing some trip plans, and cleaning! {Yes, cleaning! I told you, nesting is in full force. I just physically can't do much}


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...