Friday, May 20, 2016

BB-3 Week 29 Update


First of all, I want to wish my wonderful hubby a happy birthday! He's 32 this year, and looking better than ever :)
I had a good doctor's appointment where BB-3's heart rate was 132, my blood pressure was 118/72, and doctor still thinks everything is going well! I did have to get a Tdap booster, so my arm is just now feeling better. I don't think I'll get to have a flu shot before BB-3 is born, so whatever I can do for BB-3, I will. I forgot to ask about the chiropractor, so I may just ask the chiropractor if he can move the table so I don't have to lay on my stomach without modulation next month. I feel like I'm too big to do it the normal way anymore. I'm sure if I'm polite about it, it won't be a big deal :) Plus, I never know if he remembers I'm pregnant or not.
Also, over the weekend, Phil and I had to do a quick road trip to Kansas City to do some business for our trip to France. His folks watched the kids, but we had to wake up super early to get there in time. It was a long day in the car, but that is the longest we've been together sans kids since Jillian was a 1 year-old. I had a good time with Phil, and now we have lots of new inside jokes ;)

Today's date: May 20, 2016

How far along: 29 Weeks

Total weight gain: 24 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of an acorn squash, a Hawaiian pineapple, a Barbie convertible, or a fougasse! They are between 2-3/4 and 3 pounds, and about 15 inches long. BB-3 is squirming around and growing rapidly! They are growing white fat deposits under their skin, which is making energy surge. BB-3's movements are giving a sneak peek to their personality, (which seems to be a mix of their siblings! Lots of squirms in the morning and evening, quiet during the day, and loving attention from their daddy). Feeling a subtle twitch? It could be hiccuping! {via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, except for bedtime where I wear XXL shirts. 

Sleep: I fell asleep at 9 pm the other night, and it was glorious! I usually don't fall asleep until closer to midnight, no matter how tired I am. Thank goodness for my Snoogle, because I doubt I'd be comfortable at all at night. I have to switch sides a few times a night because my arm or neck will be sore from sleeping hard. I usually fall back asleep easily. Unless I've had lots to drink right before bed, I don't usually have to get up for the bathroom, which is nice. (I figure that's due to being in the habit of drinking a gallon of water a day before I got pregnant. My bladder control is still pretty good!) If I've ever accidently taken a nap, the kids get into stuff, so I have to keep myself awake during the day.

Movement: I started kick counts this week. I do it once in the morning, and once at night. So far, BB-3 is just like their siblings, and gets the 10 counts in 1 hour easily. I think the new recommendation is 10 kick in 2 hours, but I don't know if that'll ever be a problem. We make squirmy babies!


Cravings/Aversions: I craved sour dough bread (with and without jam), spicy food, Coke Icee, and fruit (especially fresh cherries and strawberries!). Aversions are raw meat (I can cook with it, but I can't be around it for longer than sticking it into whatever it's being cooked in), pork, rice, peanut butter, curry, and mushrooms. I made a curry dish for dinner this week, and between the curry and coconut milk, BB-3 was not having it! So I had cereal, then a taco after the kids were in bed.

Morning Sickness: Only if I smell something BB-3 hates!

Symptoms: Big baby bump, bump feeling heavy, out of breath, baby kicks, sore boobs, round ligament pain, pimples, really gassy (sorry family!), nesting, tired feet, mild heartburn, pelvic pain, feet no longer in sight, nose being on the edge of a bleed, and tired, yet not going to sleep right away.

Labor Signs: None for now

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: No medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, more out-of-breath feelings, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, and more painful pelvic sensations.

The best moment of this past week: Getting to-do list stuff done, having a few sweet moments with the kids (which is rare nowadays), and spending some one on one time with Phil!

What I miss: Not much :)

I'm looking forward to: Travel plans, summer time, more fresh fruit, and starting my appointments every two weeks!

Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...