Friday, May 27, 2016

BB-3 Week 30 Update


Surprise! We are on our trip right now :) We are currently in France, but will be traveling to Spain tomorrow, and heading home later in the week. I have a picture for Week 30, but will have to edit it and post it later. We're having a great time, but missing our babies back home :( This is the longest Phil and I have been alone since Jillian was born. Luckily, we remembered how to do it ;) Flights were good, but the time change was hard. Thankfully, our bodies adjusted ok. I can't wait to share all the things we've done, and will do soon!

It's so funny to me that I'm in France right now at 30 weeks pregnant. I got nervous going to Kansas City during my pregnancy with Jillian. Leaving city limits just scared me to death. I did go on a mission trip with David, but I was super nervous most of the time. One of our other adults was a nurse, so I felt like she could help me decipher if I needed medical attention. Now this baby has traveled internationally. I'd be lying if I didn't mention I've been a nervous nelly, but I am suppressing it as best I can in order to have a good time. For the most part, I am doing it :)

We're doing "maternity pictures" in one of the parks while we're here. Since we won't have a shower, or a maternity shoot on TU campus like the others, I wanted to do something special for BB-3. We figured a quick photoshoot in France would suffice ;)

Today's date: May 27, 2016

How far along: 30 Weeks

Total weight gain: 25 pounds (I can only assume!)

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a head of cabbage or brie en brioche! They are around 3 pounds, and about 15-1/2 inches long. BB-3's eyesight is still developing, and their vision is at 20/400. {This means they can see objects if the objects are close to their face.} BB-3 is also strong enough to grasp a finger! {via and via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, except for bedtime which is XXL shirts. 

Sleep: Minus the flight over, sleep has been decent! Obviously I get to sleep in more than before, and I get to go to bed without worrying about someone waking up, which has been nice. I didn't get to bring my Snoogle, so I'm improvising as best I can.

Movement: BB-3 is getting their kick counts in every day :) A little quiet during the day lately, but it's because I'm doing so much walking right now. Well, that or BB-3 is not on France time yet ;)


Cravings/Aversions: I craved bread, chocolate, and fruit. My wonderful mom got some sourdough bread for me before we left on the trip! Aversions are raw meat, pork, rice, peanut butter, and mushrooms.

Morning Sickness: None to report :) I'm really relieved because I assumed I'd throw up while here.

Symptoms: Big baby bump, bump feeling heavy, out of breath, baby kicks, sore boobs, round ligament pain, pimples, gassy, tired feet, a little lower back pain, heartburn, pelvic pain, feet no longer in sight, and nasal sensitivity.

Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks, but that's to be expected with all the activity lately.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Less morning sickness, no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, more out-of-breath feelings, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, and more painful pelvic sensations.

The best moment of this past week: Getting our kiddos to my folks' house safe and sound, getting to France safe and sound, the weather(!), and getting to hang out with my best friend in Europe :)

What I miss: Jillian and David

I'm looking forward to: Our excursion to Barcelona, spending time with Phil in Paris, and coming home to our babies!!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...