Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 33 Update


Today's date: October 15, 2013

How far along: 33 Weeks

Total weight gain: 22 pounds

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of a pineapple! He is around 4 pounds, and over 17 inches long. His eyes are staying open when he's awake, and he is starting to learn how to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. {I still have issues with that! HAHA} David's bones are continuing to harden, and his brain is still developing rapidly.  {via and via}

Baby is a: boy! My little Mr. Man :)

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a few things I wear at home or cardigans, are maternity.

Sleep: Sleep is good overall. Sometimes I get hungry right as I lay down, but I can usually sleep fine. I took another great nap on Sunday, but that's the most napping I seem to do these days.

Movement: David's kicks seem more aggressive and a little more painful than Jillian's were. I'm not sure if that's my placenta or the fact that he's a boy. Either way, I'm just glad he moves around :)

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings this week were french fries, root beer float, and a tomato pizza. No aversions lately.

Morning Sickness: I got really sick to my stomach on Friday night :( I took a Zofran which helped. Since then, I seem to get nauseous around the same time every night. If I drink some peppermint tea, I'm usually in good shape by the time I go to bed :)

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, back pain, stretch marks, abs feeling crampy, nesting, gas/digestive issues, movement, out of breath feeling, peeing a fair amount, light contractions, and tired.

Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks lately, but nothing to hoot and holler about.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: More weight at this point, I feel more tired, movements are different (thanks to an anterior placenta), more anxiety about being a parent (I'll explain later), and craving more sweet than savory things than before.

The best moment of this past week: A good appointment last week, checking off more items on my baby do list, and Jillian's great speech session this morning!

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: More fall weather, enjoying some family fun before we expand, my brother's visit next week, and a quick trip to Tulsa on Friday!

Baby #1 & #2 Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

David Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...