Thursday, May 4, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 26 Update


Y'all, I've been a wreck. I'm extremely tired, my kids are not behaving well, I'm emotional, and I just feel like a mess. I cried so hard reading the last newsletter from preschool knowing Jill is almost ready for Kindergarten. I'm talking, ugly-soap-opera-actress kind of crying! With every month that Lottie gets closer to her 1st birthday, the more I realize I'm getting her a baby for her birthday! I am pretty sure Lexie will be here either the 3rd or 4th, so their birthdays will be so close together. Plus, we now have new insurance, but no way to access the account. This means, I have to wait on my glucose test until we can get something to prove we even have insurance. {And don't even get me started on the AHCA right now...} Also, my belly was really achy yesterday. Even if I was sitting down, it would just ache, (but not a cramp-like feeling). You'd think my belly wouldn't have to stretch much since I JUST had a baby a few months ago. It feels better today, but it's a little scary to have that kind of pain all day. It's just been a lot to handle/process on little sleep.

Today's date: May 4, 2017

How far along: 26 Weeks

Total weight gain: 4-5 pounds (I need to buy a new battery for my home scale!)

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of kale, an eggplant, or butternut squash! She is around 2 pounds, and 14 inches long. Eyes will soon open and eyelashes are fully formed! Her immune system is strengthening for life outside of the womb, and is continuing to practice breathing with amniotic fluid. {via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: All day, err day. I can still wear a few long shirts that are non-maternity, but that probably won't be true for much longer.

Sleep: I'm not having as many nightmares, but my sleep is not restful. I toss and turn to get comfy, and I never feel fully rested. If you see me, I'm probably yawning.

Movement: Moving every day! She does have quiet days, and that can make me nervous. However, I just remind myself that's why I'm not doing kick counts yet, and I feel something throughout the day. It's been lower during the day, but then I'll see some kicking by my belly button at bedtime. I think she's just enjoying the space she has for now. 

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were Chinese food, sweet tea, Cheez-Its, and Nutella. Aversions are still the smell of raw meat, cooking meat in a crockpot, and anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: None, but the smell of ground pork nearly sent me off the deep end.

Symptoms: Heartburn, emotional, sore breasts, dizziness, nesting, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Minus a few minor details, it's pretty much the same.

The best moment of this past week: My SIL's shower, and having a Mother's program at preschool.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: The weekend, passing the glucose test, nesting, and finalizing a summer plan.
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...