Thursday, May 11, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 27 Update


{Please excuse the HUGE pimples on my chin this week. Yuck!}

Final week of the second trimester! There are days when I cannot believe we're so close to D-Day, and others where I question if I'll make it to August or not.

Today I'm took my glucose test, and I'm really hoping I pass!

Today's date: May 11, 2016

How far along: 27 Weeks

Total weight gain: 6 pounds

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a head of cauliflower, or a Charlotte Royale! She is around 2-1/2 pounds, and 14-1/2 inches long. Her taste buds are more numerous now than they will be at birth, so Final Fourth can really taste what I'm eating via the amniotic fluid. Her brain is showing activity as it becomes more complex. {via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: They are looking pretty ragged, but we're pushing through. I am feeling over it in terms of getting dressed. I don't want to wear anything I own, and I don't even want to think about it either. Less than 13 weeks, Courtney...

Sleep: Still very tired and restless. I actually have woken up the last 3 nights to pee around 3 am, which has not happened until this point. Plus, I prefer to lay on my right side. If I do, I usually wake up on my back. If I go to sleep on my left side, it's harder to fall asleep, but I usually stay in the position. When I wake up on my back, I'm usually out of breath and my heart beats a little faster than normal for a bit. Sometimes I wake up with a headache, but not every time. I've also woken up with drainage the last few days. Yay for allergies.

Movement: I feel Lexie move at some point every day throughout the day. She seems to have quieter days when I'm having lots of round ligament pain, which makes me a nervous wreck. Hopefully, I'll calm down and just enjoy the movements I won't be feeling from this side again :)

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were Chinese food, sweet tea, Cheez-Its, and Nutella. Aversions are still the smell of raw meat, cooking meat in a crockpot, and anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: None, but smells can catch me off guard sometimes.

Symptoms: Heartburn, emotional, sore breasts, dizziness, nesting, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Minus a few minor details, it's pretty much the same.

The best moment of this past week: Getting through the week. It's been a little rough.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: The weekend, passing the glucose test, nesting, and a nice dinner with friends tonight.
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...