Thursday, June 29, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 34 Update


This is backdated, but I wrote it on 7/4, along with the picture because I was out of town for my mission trip! I'm writing it like I would if I did it on time though. The trip went well, as in I had a great group from our church to travel with, I wasn't terribly uncomfortable being so pregnant, and I served a lovely resident. Everything else was a little rough, but that's a story for another time.

Anyways, so here's my 34 week update just before my 35 week update ;)

Today's date: July 4, 2017

How far along: 34 Weeks (+5 days)

Total weight gain: 19(ish) pounds {I don't have an exact since I was out of town}

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a cantaloupe or baguette batard! She is just under 5 pounds, and around 18 inches long. Final Fourth is getting rounder and skin is smoother as she continues to gain weight. If born now, Final Fourth would have little to no complications. She is also urinating a pint a day!  {via and via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: All the time. I'm still over clothes. Also, I'm at the point where most of my maternity clothes are getting short. That's how you know you're almost done! I did invest in a pregnancy girdle to see if it would help on my trip. I didn't really use it, and sometimes I worry about it squishing Lexie. It does help a bit, but we'll see how often I'll wear it.

Sleep: Waking up several times a night to change positions. It can be a little painful simply because I have zero ab muscles now. I don't usually have to get up and pee though, and I can normally fall back asleep again with no issues.

Movement: Painful movements, but definitely moving! Still getting those kick counts just fine too :) 

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were anything not camp food. I did have some scrambled eggs before I left town because I knew the eggs on the trip would be powdered. That tasted pretty good! Aversions are still the smell of raw meat, and anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: I've been getting a little nauseous around bedtime, but not bad enough that I need medicine. I can usually sleep it off.

Symptoms: Heartburn, obvious baby bump, emotional, pelvic pressure, sore breasts, leaking colostrum, baby movement, BH, nesting, gassy, lower back pain, cranky, some GI issues, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: A few BH here and there, but nothing major.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Minus a few minor details, it's pretty much the same.

The best moment of this past week: Going on the mission trip.

What I miss: My family. Ready to get back home :)

I'm looking forward to: Getting home, my niece being born, and Phil leaving and returning safely from Germany!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...