Thursday, June 22, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 33 Update


I usually hit my pregnancy wall at 38 weeks. However, I'm starting to wonder if I'll get there sooner this time. It's funny though, because this is my last pregnancy, (yes, I'm serious!), and I always figured I would just ride out any discomforts and enjoy my last pregnancy. Well, I've been emotional, cranky, and just plain unpleasant this week. I can't apologize enough to Phil, and anyone else I've been in contact with, for my attitude.

Also, I'm leaving for my mission trip early on Sunday. My next update will be a few days late because of this, but I'm sure y'all understand :)

Today's date: June 22, 2017

How far along: 33 Weeks

Total weight gain: 14.5 pounds

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a pineapple. or three chocolate croissants! They are around 4 pounds, and over 17 inches long. Eyes are staying open when she is awake, and Final Fourth is starting to learn how to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Final Fourth's bones are continuing to harden, and her brain is still developing rapidly.{via and via}

Baby is a: still a girl as far as we know!

Maternity clothing: How do I put this delicately... I am SO over clothes!! I feel like I wear the same things over and over, it's a hassle to pick anything to wear, and it's just so hot! Don't worry, I do wear clothes, but it's mostly my pjs unless I leave the house. If I leave the house, it is whatever fits, and is clean at the time. {High standards, I know!} Also, I'm down to wearing either my flip flops, or sneakers with compression socks. My feet don't look swollen, but they feel tight, so I just do it anyways.

Sleep: I had the worst week of sleep yet. I was not sleeping well, I would sleep too hard and hurt my neck, and/or I would wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. I guess that's par for the course at this point though.

Movement: Lexie gets her kick counts just fine. In fact, her movements are becoming more painful. I recall David's movements being the most painful at this point, but his felt more like he was scratching me as he moved. Lexie is more of a sensation that is similar to pushing with hands, feet, knees or elbows on my hip, nerves that connect to my pelvic floor, etc. I was reading that I am maxed out in terms of amniotic fluid, and she is close to her birth length, (and just needs to add fat/weight for birth), so I think that's a good part of why it hurts. Don't get me wrong, I am SO thankful she is moving well, and giving me peace of mind. I just wished it wasn't so painful!

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were chocolate cake, and fruit. Aversions are anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: Nothing to report!

Symptoms: Big baby bump, heartburn, back pain, emotional, shortness of breath, sore breasts and nipples, painful movements, BH, pelvic pressure, hip freezing up, stretch marks, dizziness, nesting, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: I was having a hard time figuring out if I was having BH or just painful movements. A few BH here and there, and some pelvic pressure/pain. Otherwise, it's just Lexie moving in a very cramped space.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Minus a few minor details, it's pretty much the same.

The best moment of this past week: Finding out officially that my mom can come during Phil's business trip, going to the aquarium with the in-laws, my friend having her baby boy today, and getting decent sleep when it happens.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: My mission trip, (and getting home), Phil getting home from his trip safely, seeing my mom, the birth of my niece, and finishing up our baby to-do list!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...