Thursday, August 3, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 39 Update


Alright y'all, I'm having a baby today! I am off to the hospital for my induction, and I can't wait to meet Miss Lexie Grace! The last 10 (ish) days have felt like forever. We did so much to finish up our to-do list, and be ready for her arrival. Plus, throw in a 1st birthday, and it was complete chaos and emotional meltdowns from everyone but Phil. However, we've made it! Let's review this last week of my last pregnancy!

Today's date: August 3, 2017

How far along: 39 Weeks

Total weight gain: 25 pounds

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a mini-watermelon, a small pumpkin, or a French grain sack! She is anywhere around 6-1/2 to 7 pounds, and 19-21 inches long, (we'll find out on her birthday!). Organs are ready for life outside the womb, and she is pretty much out of wiggle room.Final Fourth's brain is still developing rapidly! {via and via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: It barely fits, but yup!

Sleep: I slept lots this week. It may not have been for long, or even super restful, but I did get plenty of body resting time. I would wake up once a night to pee. I usually slept hard, so my hip was extra frozen, so I would take awhile to get there and back.

Movement: Lexie has been resting up for today as well. She would be pretty quiet, but always got her kick count in 10 minutes or less at bedtime. I, on the other hand, had a really hard time moving this week. My lower back, and left hip joint were in lots of pain. I grimaced and waddled everywhere.

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were food. I was hungry this week! Aversions were anything that smelled/sounded bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: Some nausea here and there, mostly due to acid reflux.

Symptoms: Acid reflux any time of day, painful movements, light contractions, lower back pain, loss of appetite, GI issues, out of breath, tired, nesting, itchy spots/poison ivy patches on skin, leaking colostrum a little, inability to bend forward, big baby bump, gassy, easily irritated, emotional mess, sore breasts, peeing lots, swelling in feet (though mostly the right side), dried nose/bloody nose, and belly pain

Labor Signs: I have been having some pelvic pain/pressure, and some painful contractions. I was only at 1 cm last week, so I'm not sure where I'll be when I check in this morning. I guess we'll see!

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Pretty much the same!

The best moment of this past week: My friend's shower, the two special birthdays in my family, and having a clean house!

What I miss: Not a thing :)

I'm looking forward to: Meeting Lexie, and showing her off!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...