Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bébé Week 39 Update


Today's date: December 3, 2011

How far along: 39 weeks

Total weight gain: Around 25 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is nearing the size of a mini watermelon (about 21" long, if she's going to be that long. Otherwise, she's whatever length she'll be born at)  and weighs a little over 7 pounds! Her organs are ready for life outside of the womb and she has shed most of her lanugo and vernix. She is almost completely out of room to wiggle around, which means it's time to come out baby girl!  {per}

Sex: Girly girl

Maternity clothes: Just about everything

Sleep: After a few rough nights of restless sleep, I am finally sleeping well again. I do hear my joints popping every time I try to move positions, but it's worth it :)

Best moment(s) of the week: Being told I'm 1 cm dilated and meeting a fellow preggo's daughter! She was very cute and I hope Jill is just as calm as she was.

Movement: Baby girl is a mover and a shaker. She does have quiet moments, but overall she's pretty active. Jill can do her 10 movements for my kick counts as quickly as 9 minutes, though she averages about 20 minutes total.

Food cravings/aversions: No real aversions or cravings this week. I did finally get some Fruity Pebbles which I was craving a lot this summer so that was nice!

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran almost every day and can keep food down. However, I do still have some moments of queasiness regardless of what I do or eat.

Symptoms: Baby bump, peeing constantly, waddling instead of walking, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain/cramps, some heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: I'll feel some Braxton Hicks from time to time, but nothing major and no abdominal cramping. I can feel Jill moving around lower than normal and it causes some of the nerves in my pelvis to really hurt for a few moments. However, I have a feeling that baby girl is going to be stubborn and we will have to induce. She is pretty satisfied with her current residence and she never really shows signs for long that she's ready to come out. 

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: Jill coming into the world... soon!

Weeks 19, 29, and 39....

I had a rough day yesterday in terms of my hormones. The local weather was predicting between 3 and 7 inches of snow on Monday. That's right, I said SNOW! This of course upset me because I want my family to make it. I'm sure my in-laws could get here, but my mom would still have to fly AND my dad is driving from Minnesota. Even though he can drive in snow, that doesn't mean the people he'd be driving with down here know what they're doing. So I had a minor freak out and cried for quite awhile. I'm better now and they are starting to say 2" tops, if at all. I know God's in charge, but it's just so nerve-wrecking since I have no control over when Ms. Jill decides to get here. Like I said in the update, we may have to kick her out regardless, but I won't know for sure until the time comes. 

Today has been quiet which is very nice. Phil and I watched Houston lose to Southern Miss, ran a few errands, watched Seven Pounds, and now we're watching the Bedlam game! Go Pokes!! The nice thing is, with those errands, we are offically ready for Jill's arrival. We have the firewood I wanted in case of snow/ice and we have enough trash bags and other miscellany to take care of us. Also, all we have left to pack in our hospital bag are the cellphone chargers, Phil's laptop, and his glasses. Other than that, we're ready to jump in the car at any moment!

I wish I had more to talk about besides, "Oh we're just about ready for any minute"... but that's kind of all I got. If you've been pregnant before, you can understand. Even if you don't have children, I'm sure you can imagine. 

Hope y'all have had a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Almost there! Can you believe it? :) So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...