Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bébé Week 18 Update



Holy heat Batman! Our high today was supposed to be 103, but we hit 109 while Phil and I were out running some quick errands. I don't know how I made it! As soon as we got inside, I stripped to the bare-minimum clothing and we're sitting in front of 3 fans in the living room. That's right, I said 3. Even with all the water I drank today, it's been hard staying awake. I just wanted to nap all afternoon. I just hope things look up soon. Either that, or I just need to carry an ice pack with me everywhere I go ;)


Today's date: July 9, 2011

How far along: 18 weeks. I can't believe I'm almost halfway there!

Total weight gain: I'm at a loss of 10 pounds to date.

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a sweet potato! Baby's become amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. Baby also has unique finger and toe prints. {per}

Sex: I have a guess, but we'll know for sure on July 21st (as long as bebe cooperates) :)

Maternity clothes: I am almost to the point where my old t-shirts and tanks don't cover my belly anymore. All bottoms are strictly maternity.

Sleep: I am still trying my best to learn how to sleep on my side. Some nights it seems like I'm getting worse, and other nights it works out ok. With waking up twice a night to pee, it usually doesn't matter anyways.

Best moment(s) of the week: I felt my first squirm this week! I was lightly tapping on my belly just for fun. About a minute or so later, I felt a tiny little squirm on my right side. It felt like a tiny earthworm wiggling around. It only lasted about 10 or 15 seconds, but I didn't feel anything afterwards that would make me think it's gas. I can't wait for Phil to be able to feel things too!

Movement: Read above answer  :)

Food cravings/aversions: Same aversions as before. Hot chocolate, bruschetta, and anything cold are my biggest cravings at the moment.

Morning sickness: I still take Zofran everyday at lunch just to be safe. Slight nausea when I eat something too greasy, so I just need to watch out for that.

Symptoms: Nausea, peeing a lot, cranky (mostly from the heat), slight heartburn from time to time, gassy, and pretty emotional. The song "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane that's a part of the Winnie the Pooh movie trailer makes me crying within the first 3 words. I usually love that song, but it makes me a weeping mess!

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling more movement and our ultrasound on the 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...