Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

{via}

You would think that, with me being indoors all day long, (minus commuting time), that I would have the energy/time to update. Well, there are two problems with that logic. 1) Even though I'm indoors with a fan blowing on me constantly, the fact that we've been over 100 degrees for 17 days has turned me into a pool for useless muck. I literally just sit on the couch in bare-minimum clothing in front of the fan. I am just wiped out completely from all the heat. I think we're supposed to hit 104 at least 3 times in the next 7 days. Holy moly. 2) I don't have much to report. I have a small something today, but otherwise my life is boring. I literally go to work until 5, then I come home where Phil and I either watch "Bones" on Netflix or play Lego Harry Potter together on the Wii. We do that until 10 or so, then we head to bed where we pray together, then fall asleep to Big Bang Theory. The one day I tried to get out and do something, we went to Babies R' Us for about 1 hour, then I got overheated once we got back into the car and had to race home to cool me off. That was more embarrassing than anything for me, but it was hard because I wanted to do something outside the apartment. Plus, I'm pretty sure if your store will be full of pregnant ladies, it better feel like an igloo! Even Phil barely felt any cool air the whole time we were inside.

I just wish I could update more with something that's worth remembering. My main purpose for having a blog is to record my life and how I feel. Right now, it's just so - mundane. Also, anytime I think I feel movement, it turns out to be gas. People keep telling me it could still be baby, but I am not completely convinced.

*****
Despite this outrageous heat, guess what I've been craving the past two days? Hot chocolate. Now keep in mind, I'm not good with hot drinks since I burn my tongue almost immediately. By the time I'm ready to drink it, it's more like warm chocolate. However, I've just craved that yummy, smooth Rich Chocolate mix from Nestle! It's so so good. Phil thinks I'm nuts, but he's been a sport and made me hot chocolate two days in a row. Will the trend continue tonight? We shall see.

*****
Phil and I did go to a barbecue that my friend from high school threw on Sunday evening. We had to leave early because a heavy rainstorm was coming and we had a 20ish minute drive across town to get home. So much for being social.

*****
This is not very Christian of me, I admit, but do you have anyone from your past you'd like to show off how great you're doing now? It's not even ex-boyfriends or anything, just someone who made you feel awful about yourself? There are about 2 people like that for me. One is a guy that I had a crush on for about 2 years. I kinda liked him, but I never pined for him or anything. I was going to ask him to the junior prom and when he found out, he avoided me like the plague. I didn't even like him that much! lol The other is a guy who used to be really rude to me in science class. He'd say things like, "You're going to have saggy boobs when you're older", or "You have sideburns, did you know?". Everyday it was something. I may not be well off, or super skinny, but I have a wonderful life with an amazing man and I just wish I could show them how being rude or blowing me off didn't mess with my future.

*****
Now that we have a date for our gender reveal, I had this big elaborate plan to announce the baby's sex to our family and closest friends. However, it seems like everything is falling apart for my original plan. What I wanted was a small gathering at our place with my brother and my few close friends in town. We would get both sets of parents on Skype or Facetime and have the gender in an envelope to announce to everyone at the same time. Maybe they'd all hold up an index card with the word "boy" or "girl" as their guess.

First of all, my brother has moved out of town. Not too far mind you, but far enough that he wouldn't be able to come since it's a Thursday night. Then, I only have about 2 or 3 friends in town I'd want there and 1 for sure is going to be out of town on a family vacation. Then my mom informs me she's busy with her church until close to 8:30 p.m. Finally, Phil's mom has something she's doing as well that we're not entirely sure when she'll be done that evening. It just felt like everything just stopped. 

I understand that, although it is an exciting thing, everyone does have a life outside of my pregnancy. I also understand that, no matter how I announce it, it will be special since it is our first child and the first grandchild for both sides of the family. I just wanted to do something so that I didn't feel guilty for doing a party or whatnot for our next child (God willing).

I spent a lot of time on Google yesterday and I think we finally have a solution. First of all, I hate that it took so long to find anything besides that whole, cake cutting thing. I know people think it's cute, but there has to be more options for parents than that. Though I did find a video where they had their first child say out-loud what the cake said and he said "boy" when really it was a girl HAHA. It's better to just look/cut into it yourself apparently!

Anyways, I have come up with a new plan! When we go to the ultrasound, Phil will find out what the gender is and not tell me. Then he will video tape me later in the day, after work, unwrapping a box that will either have a gift or colored balloons to reveal the gender to me. When we video chat with our parents later, we will show them which ever sign I made that will show them what bebe's name is, which will reveal the gender as well. Once everyone that we want to know knows, we will post the video on my blog, and possibly Facebook. I'm pretty excited about it :) Plus, it's that little something special that I wanted to do for bebe.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...