Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Countdown To Epic Week 2011

{via}
{For my fellow HIMYM fans out there - this makes me think of this episode ;)}

I am not sure why I haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm going to have an epic week. Starting Thursday morning, the next 7 days will be packed with goodness. What kind of goodness? Oh so many kinds :)

This Thursday, Phil and I will be going to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Since we met in 2004, we have gone to the midnight premiere of every Harry Potter movie that has come out together. Sometimes we go in groups, but lately it's just been the two of us. Phil even admitted that he wasn't really into Harry Potter until we met ;) We own all the books and have read through them at least twice each. It's nice to be nerdy with your best friend! HAHA Anyways, for the longest time, movie theaters in OKC were only showing/selling tickets for the 3D version of the movie! Now I have nothing against 3D... except that it's more expensive, should be more of a novelty instead of a requirement, and it makes pregnant me dizzy. I've seen a few movies in 3D and it was fun. However, I want to see it in good ol' 2D! So we were finally able to get tickets this weekend for the midnight premiere in 2D. Starting last Thursday, we have been watching 1 movie per night in order to gear up for this occasion. I have already finished re-reading the final book and Phil is attempting to finish before Thursday. I'm sure it'll be different from the book, considering where it left off with the last movie and the clips I have seen already, but I know we'll enjoy it. Even if we think the book is better, we don't expect movies to be word-for-word by the book. I think that's the only way to like both a movie and the book you know? Anyways, I will be taking a nap after work Thursday to stay awake for the movie. Then, of course as per tradition, I will be calling my BFF Annette as soon as we get out to discuss it :) I'm pretty stoked!

This weekend, Phil and I will be going up to Tulsa. I know, I know, we go lots of times. However, there are 2 big reasons it is different. The number 1 reason is Annette is back in town! It's so hard having her live in CT and so very far away. However, I get some BFF time to myself! That's going to be awesome :) The second reason is... I'm going to the NKOTBSB concert on Sunday night!! I've had tickets forever because I got an email to pre-order tickets before they were on sale. I am going with 5 other ladies and we're going to party like we're 13 year-olds :D It's going to be awesome!! Now if only *NSYNC would get back together for another tour...

Then, the big ultrasound is a week from Thursday at 8:30 a.m. I am hoping baby cooperates, but now I'm just focused on hearing that baby is healthy and looks amazing. That's all I want. I know everyone says they don't care what the gender is for the first baby, but I really do mean it. I don't care whatsoever. I just want a healthy, happy baby that I will love for the rest of my days. To see that smile and those big eyes staring up at me and knowing how much of a miracle they are... that just melts my heart to think about. I have compiled a list of what baby could be, but I'll save that for later. I just hope all goes well.

So that's my epic week. I'm sure I'll be exhausted by the end, but it will be so very worth it! Plus, it makes the fact that today is only Tuesday a little more bearable ;)

Check out the video for Sandcastles In The Sand from HIMYM. You won't be disappointed! It may even make you decide to starting watching if you don't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...