Friday, July 22, 2011

Bebe's Name

Jillian Rose

There's not a huge back story as to why we chose Jill's name, but it is me after all :) I have special reasons for doing just about anything because I over think just about everything in life. Hey, it makes life interesting!

I must preface this with our conversation about children. When we first met, Phil wasn't sure he wanted children at all. This is not because he hates children or that he's bad with them. To the contrary, he's always been good around children that I've seen. Maybe a little reserved, but it's only because they are not his children. After we dated awhile, (and after I showed him a few of my super cute baby pictures hehe), he decided he did want to have children after all. Specifically children as cute as me. He was fine with two, but I've always wanted four. I have finally convinced him that 3 could be a good number as a compromise! To be prepared, (again, because it's me!), we picked out two boy names and two girl names. We picked the boy names first. In the end, we gave the first choice name the same first and middle name initials as Phil's father, and our second choice the same for my father. Since we both have large families, (so many names are out of the question because they have been used), we tried to stick with family names and other names we like.

For Jill's name, I really wanted to honor my mother by having a "J" name since her name is Janet. We went through some "J" names and we both seemed to really like Jillian. I immediately came up with the nickname Jillybean and loved it! Phil originally said it was cheesy, but now he's using it too ;)

The middle name happened to work out really well by accident. My MIL pointed out that, all the current Coghill women have "R" middle names - Ruth, Renee, RaeAnn. So I wanted to keep that going. We looked through some of them and we came to the name Rose. I thought it went really well with Jillian and I remember Phil had a relative named Rosa so it was kind of a family name. Turns out, there was also a Rose in the family before so it really is a family name.

So that's how Jillybean got her name. It's a mixture of family, honoring family, and names that we like together. As far as what her name means, I found the meanings here.

Jillian - Youthful

Rose - Rose (Flower)

Happy Friday y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Great choice, I Love her name!! I'm also a big fan of the "JR" intitials ;)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...