Monday, January 16, 2012

Big Step, Hearing Test, and Pictures

Yesterday Phil and I took a big step... we visited a new church. If you've suffered through read my long winded about me, I explain that Phil and I both grew up in Christian homes. However, we are different denominations. This doesn't cause much issue for us because we agree on the basics of our faith. The main differences for us involve weekly service specifics. Since we have both been very active in whatever church we are members of, we've just attended our own service with the exception of a few Sundays a year. Now that Jillian is here, we really feel that God is leading us to find a church home together. We are excited for this part of our faith journey, but we are both a little nervous about. Despite our feelings of uncertainty, someone was looking particularly cute last Sunday! {And I'm not talking about my husband ;)}

{All newborn clothes and oh so cute!} 
 {Even though the shadow of the bear mobile made it hard to edit, I love her face in this shot}
 {Someone is getting better at finding her hands}
{My favorite/the closest thing I can get to a smile on camera}

Tomorrow we have an appointment with a hearing center for Jillian. I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but Jillian failed her newborn hearing screening at the hospital. Well, only her right ear did. They did the screening the morning after she was born and her left ear passed quickly, but her right ear failed. Then they tested one more time the next day before we checked out and the same thing happened. Her right ear did better, but still failed. Jill's Dr. V had us make an appointment with a special clinic to do it again a few weeks later. We realized later that her right side may have just been full of fluid. Jillian's right eye had a clogged tear duct that finally cleared up about 2 weeks ago. We're hopeful that means her right ear will pass this time. Even if it fails again, that doesn't necessarily mean anything really bad. It is still a little scary for me as a new mama. 

For good measure, here's a little more eye candy for some smiles :)

 {Tummy time consisted of Jill licking her hand instead of lifting her head. That's right, licking}
{Sweet baby girl}

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute, it's KILLING me! Haha. Love you all! Hope the hearing screen goes well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...