Monday, January 23, 2012

6 Weeks

My baby is 6 weeks old :) I think she's going through a growth spurt so she's still having some erratic sleeping patterns mixed in with some serious crankiness. The nice thing? She is still smiling more and I finally got it on my camera! I've been trying for 2ish weeks now, but I finally have something to show for it :)

The other morning, Jillian was sleeping while laying on her good ear. Phil started to do something noisy, (I think it was grinding coffee beans), and Jillian flinched and roused a little bit! I tend to forget that she's not completely deaf in her right ear so that was a nice reminder.

My 6 week post-partum check up is tomorrow morning. I'm hoping everything is good because I'm still pretty sore. I'm also curious to see what Dr. V says about labor and delivery. Knowing that I was a good pusher, but that my pelvis is small and barely handled Jillian's size, I wonder what she'll have to say or if she'll even really say anything. I guess I'll find out! Hopefully I'll remember to take along a birth announcement for her board of babies :)

Here are some pictures from the last 24 hours of my sweet girl at 6 weeks. She's making the funniest faces lately!
{I crack up every time I see this picture!} 

{Ready to go outside in the wind} 

{One of the many faces she made while we watched Downton Abbey

{HAHAHA Again, watching Downton Abbey though she could have reacted to me being silly}

{Posing with the lion my brother gave her for Christmas! She looks a little apprehensive here HAHA} 

{Grr Baby!} 

{She was petting him :)} 

 {I think she likes him!}

{My smile capture! Yes, she is almost asleep, but it still counts}

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love that you caught a smile! :) Glad she's doing so well!! I hope you start feeling back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...