Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Day of the Year

You know you're a mom when the sight of poop makes you beyond happy. Seriously. At her appointment on Thursday, Dr. V gave us a sample of some new formula to help Jill with her spit up issue. She spits up enough, (and it comes out of her nose every other time), that we wanted to see if we could do anything to help besides keeping her upright for 20 minutes after she feeds. After the switch from our original formula, she went from having 2 stools a day minimum to not having one until late last night. We were warned that it would be a little thicker than her old ones, but we were starting to worry that she was constipated since it had been nearly 48 hours. Not only did she finally poop last night, but she had such an explosion this afternoon that we had to give her a bath afterwards. Luckily all is well and poop is a welcomed sight around here :)

As far as the first day of the new year? We've been spending it lounging around. I had a rough few hours with her last night so we ended up sleeping through church this morning. Hopefully we'll get to the point where we can go no matter how rough the night before is. For now, I think God understands. And we still had our Sunday tradition of donuts from Dunkin'! My man knows how to make me happy HAHA

After a little tummy time this morning, Phil decided to hang out with Jillian. 
I adore this photo <3

Post poop-explosion bath. I was trying to recreate a photo of me... 

{Me circa 1986} 

After we cleaned her up, Jill was chillin' in her Boppy while I organized photos :)

I'm still thinking about my goals for the year and I hope to have it figured out by the end of the week. I hope y'all are having a great start to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...