Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Checking In

Yesterday marked 4 weeks since Jillian entered the world officially. I'll spare you all the "I can't believe it" comments since I'll have plenty on Thursday when she turns 1 month.

I'm finally starting to feel confident in my role as her mother. I think being away from her really took away all those feelings I had before. Plus, having the ability to drive again as really changed my mood. I think not being confined to the apartment unless I choose to be has helped tremendously. I wish I could make a trip to Tulsa, but I may need to wait a little longer. Just driving around town is slightly nerve wracking for me :)

I'm still pretty sore so I need to take my medicine twice a day. Sometimes it comes out of nowhere and I need it fast! Last night was probably the worst because I had a headache on top of my other aches. Phil was kind enough to let me go to bed early so I could try and get a bit more sleep than normal. I hate to say it, but I was pretty grumpy this morning and took it out on him a little bit. Luckily he is very understanding and we worked it out before he left for work/school. That's why I love him!

I'm online window shopping now that some of the new spring collections are coming out. The only issue is, I'm hoping to lose some weight and I don't really want to buy anything substantial. Maybe just a birthday outfit? We'll see. Plus, what's always my size? Shoes of course! I don't mind a few new pairs to brighten my mood wardrobe ;) Also, I'm hoping to get my hair done sometime soon. I haven't had it colored or even trimmed in almost a full calendar year. That's way too long my friends. It'll have to wait until Phil gets his loan money for school, which may take longer after some news we received this morning. I hate money sometimes... mostly because we never seem to have enough. Oh well, such is life.

I hope y'all are having a good week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...