Friday, August 1, 2014

David: {Eight Months}

David –

You are eight months old today! Oh my sweet Bubbie. I can't believe you already this old, but I can tell you're ready!

According to our measurements at home, you are 17 lbs, 12 oz and 26-1/2 inches long. 
You can wear a  3-6 Month button down shirt, but you are most comfortable in 6 Month, and 6-9 Month clothes. You also have to wear 6-9 Month PJs consistently. You wear size 3 diapers. We have Pampers Cruisers or Luvs for the day, and Huggies Overnight for bedtime.

As far as eating goes, you are my bottomless pit! You eat between 4 and 5 bottles a day that vary from 6.75 and 8.5 oz. You are eating about 4 oz of jarred baby food, and Cheerios and Mum-Mums for a snack. So far, you don't have any favorites because you seem to just love food! You don't seem crazy about black beans though, but that's ok. 
You sleep from 8:30 pm to 7 am most nights. You usually get a nice big nap in the afternoon, but your two other small cat naps are hit or miss lately. You are able to sleep without being swaddled, which is good because you like to sleep on your side or your tummy.

Baths are a bit more fun now that you've learned to splash! We just started bathing you in the ducky tub, and you just splash until you are completely covered in water :)
You have 1-3/4 teeth! I say that because your second bottom tooth is mostly out, but one more corner needs to pop before we can officially call it ;)

Overall you are an easy baby and we just love watching your sweet personality bloom. You are starting to raise one eyebrow when you're being flirty and I find it hilarious! Also, you love hold hair and touching faces. You don't do it in a mean way, but because you just want to be close.

Your current nicknames are: Baby Davey, Davey Boy, LT, Dude, Dahveed, and Bubbie.

You are just starting to show signs of separation anxiety. Hopefully we can get you through that phase relatively easily :)

You can roll in both directions, but no crawling yet! You do the little pelvic thrust, turn on your tummy 360*, and can even get on all four for a few seconds. We'll see how much longer until we start getting around! You also love to bounce and stand on your legs.

Everything goes in your mouth right now. Toys, non-toys, hair, baby wipes, really whatever you can grab. You don't have any favorite toys just yet, but we'll see if that changes!

We are in the middle of a trip! The family, minus your daddy :(, went to Tulsa for a few days to see your Grandma and Papa. Then it was up to KC for a night, and now we are in Sioux City for your great-grandma's 90th birthday party! We are staying with your Jemma and Gee-Chaz at a hotel, and so far you've been decent in the car. When you sleep, you sleep very soundly. However, when you want out, you just scream at the top of your lungs until we stop. I don't blame you, it has been a long trip. Maybe we can work on your asking though huh? :) After the party, we'll go up to Minnesota for a few days before we head home. I hope we have a great time together!

There are times I can't believe you are here and 8 months old. Other days, I can't even remember life without you LT. Even on the hardest days, your smile just melts my heart. I just know you will do great things and pray that God continues to bless you and keep you in His grace :)

Now some outtakes:
 {You want me to what mother?!}
 {That Face}
{It looks so much like Jillian's monthly photo for her 11 Month Update!}
 {No wonder I can't say no to that boy :)}
 {Ok ma! I'm done now!!}
{I accept your gift of the pacifier... for now}

And comparisons:
{Months 1-3}
{Months 4-6}
 {Months 7 & 8}
{Left: Jillian 8/2012 Right: David 8/2014}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...