Friday, August 29, 2014

My Workout Mix

Back when I was doing C25K, I created a workout mix for my iPhone. That way, I could listen to the music I wanted to while I jogged on the treadmill. Two things I want to say about this post/list:

1) I don't know about you, but I love seeing what music other people are working out to. I may not always like their whole list, but sometimes I grab a song because I think I'll enjoy it too. I have a mix of songs that include country. I know everyone has their genre of preference, but I like a little bit of everything.

p.s. If any of my youth kids, or anyone who doesn't like cursing, sees this, please excuse #13. I've always liked that song and it has a good beat to it. There is a clean version, I'm sure, so if you like it, I suggest getting that one instead :)

2) I also have a tendency to walk or jog in time with the beat of a song. Because of this, there is a very specific order to this mix. I start off with a song I can begin a fast walking pace with before I start actually jogging, and I have a good cool down song at the end. I also have a non-scientific ratio of slower paced songs in the middle of fast paced songs to give me a break.

Without further ado, here is my Workout Mix!

#1 - Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
#2 - Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5
#3 - Undo It by Carrie Underwood
#4 - Party Rock Anthem (feat Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) by LMFAO
#5 - Poker Face by Lady Gaga
#6 - I Like It (feat Pit Bull) by Enrique Iglesias
#7 - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love (feat Pit Bull) by Usher
#8 - Little White Church by Little Big Town
#9 - Gettin' Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith
#10 - Gangnam Style by PSY
#11 - Mr. Brightside by The Killers
#12 - Open Road Song by Eve 6
#13 - Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
#14 - Not Afraid by Eminem
#15 - Telephone (feat Beyoncé) by Lady Gaga
#16 - Piece of Me by Britney Spears
#17 - Long Time Gone by Dixie Chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...