Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Last First Date

10 years ago today, I did something I never expected to do. I went out with a boy I knew a little about, and went on my last first date ever.

Phil picked me up, and we went to a Chinese buffet because we both enjoyed Asian food. After dinner, we went back to his dorm room to watch what used to be his favorite movie. He then walked me to my dorm and we said goodnight.

This year, I wanted to do something special. I made a "Mixed CD" for him, (more like, a playlist on a USB drive), and we had Chinese takeout at home with our two amazing babies. After the kids went to bed, we watched a Netflix disc with Modern Family Season 3 on it. Not quite the same, but we both had a nice evening :)

If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be married to the guy in the driver's seat of that green Ford Explorer, I would have laughed. I liked him, but had no idea where it was going that soon. And to say we have 2 beautiful children? I would never have believed.

Life sure has taken us on quite a journey since that night in August of 2004. I'm just so glad we are on the journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...