Friday, February 5, 2016

BB-3 Week 14 Update

Ugh! You guys, this week has been rough. It started off with Jillian having a stomach bug. Then she got better, but then David got sick. At one point, we felt like David was finally fine, and Jillian threw up again! Last night was the first time I got to sleep through most of the night. (Jillian had a coughing fit a 3 am, but I fell asleep shortly thereafter.) I am praying this is the end of the sickies for a little bit. It was very unpleasant for several reasons!

Today's date: February 5, 2016

How far along: 14 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I am going to guess 3 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, but I can't confirm. My scale told me I gained 4 pounds this week, and I'm not buying that! Sure, my appetite is back, but not that much!

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a lemon or a beet! Kidney, liver, and spleen are functioning, and they are probably sucking their thumb. They are also growing lanugo to keep warm in there! {via}

Baby is a: baby! I should be able to have my ultrasound around Spring Break

Maternity clothing: I wear maternity pants consistently, but shirts are still a mix of maternity and regular. I do lots of layering and cardigans, so I don't have to wear just maternity. I'm thinking about asking for TOMS for my birthday just to have another pair of comfortable, slip on shoes. I practically lived in TOMS for my other pregnancies.

Sleep: This week was rough because of the stomach bug the kids went through. David was the worst in terms of how often he woke up to throw up the other night. Other than those nights, it wasn't too bad. I'm starting to get more uncomfortable, so I'm figuring out how to get in the best position. The tough part is not just finding the position, but figuring out how to get out of the cocoon I create if I need to get up in the middle of the night! Also, I haven't been having nightmares per say, but I've had some weird dreams for sure. Thanks pregnancy brain!

Movement: I felt my first little "squirm" on Saturday night! I had just finished a taco, and I suddenly felt something! After that, I felt nothing until Wednesday night. It was in between David's puke-fest, and I had finally laid down to relax a little before the next round. I suddenly felt a little movement :) It was nice because it was BB-3's way of letting me know that they are alright!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are Taco Bell (cheesy gordita crunch, and mexican pizza specifically), lime anything, lime popsicles, Mexican food, fresh fruit, PayDay candy bar, spicy food, Coke Icee, and salad. Aversions are: the smell of cooking meats (especially fish!), pork (including bacon! :'[), mushrooms, anything overly sweet, peanut butter, greasy food, and anything that just happens to sound awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: Even with all the yucky smells from this week, I am doing much better! I've actually had more headaches than stomachaches this week. Not complaining though!

Symptoms: Sore/heavy boobs, lots of stretching and sensations as my uterus grows, round ligament pain (especially when I sneeze - ouch!), pimples, a little heartburn, a little nausea, peeing a fair amount, headaches, and feeling tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still really sick, and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. My chin has been littered with pimples since week 4. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies.  

The best moment of this past week: Aside from my first movements, the only other thing would be that the tacos from Taco Bell were satisfying. I will be much happier once everyone is well again!

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: My next appointment, scheduling the big ultrasound soon, starting workouts again, seeing my folks again someday, and my brother's wedding in April!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

1 comment:

  1. MMM...Taco Bell. Did you see those Super Bowl commercial with the quesalupa?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...