Friday, February 19, 2016

BB-3 Week 16 Update

This week, I've been more emotional than normal. I was starting to get scared that maybe my post-partum depression was going to manifest during pregnancy. However, after consulting with a few of my trusted sources, I think I was just having a harder week than usual. {More on that below} I know having the depression wouldn't be the end of the world, but I am incredibly worried about going on any medication due to a very specific heart defect that may result from the medicine. For now, I'm just looking more towards my Savior in hopes that he will continue to bring people in my life that can help me get through this rough patch. {Like the poor woman in my bible study that asked me a simple question, and I ended up bawling. Thankfully she didn't run away, and we had a really good conversation!}

I'm also going to talk about something that happened last night up here instead of in the update. It's a little TMI, so be prepared. Also, in case you've had this happen yourself, this may be a trigger, so be warned.

Due to my history of fertility issues, once I became pregnant with Jillian, I would check for bleeding/spotting every single time I went to the bathroom. {And trust me, that's checking several times a day} This continued until she was delivered. Then when I was pregnant with David, I did the same thing. It's almost second nature to me now. With BB-3, it has not been any different. Well, that is until last night.

After choir practice, I took Jillian with me to the restroom before we got in the car to head home. She went first, then I did. When I wiped, I had some light brown on the toilet paper piece. When I wiped again, a large piece of dark brown cervical mucus came out. I've never had anything like this, even when I was warned I could have spotting at various times. The entire pregnancy for Jillian and David, I never had anything even close to this. I tried to remind myself of my small subchorionic hematoma, but it was becoming increasingly harder to remain calm. We made it home, where I proceeded to worry about every feeling and twinge in my body. It never did start actively bleeding, and it was always a shade of brown. I did ask Phil to pray with me before bed, because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep at all without doing that first.

This morning, I emailed my doctor. I have an appointment Wednesday, but I knew I wouldn't last that long without consulting her. It sounds like, as long as it's brown, and never becomes period like bleeding, BB-3 and I will be ok. I think hearing the heartbeat on Wednesday will help too. It was just really scary to look, and actually see something this time. I feel a little more at ease now, but I'm probably going to be extra sensitive for the rest of this pregnancy. I was just not expecting this to happen.

Today's date: February 19, 2016

How far along: 16 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I maintained this week, so I'm at 2.5 pounds gained

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a dill pickle, or an action figure! They can hear my voice, and should recognize it once they are out and in the world! They are also forming taste buds. {Hope they like spicy food ;)} BB-3 has eyelashes and eyebrows {via}

Baby is a: baby! At my appointment on Wednesday, I should be able to schedule my ultrasound! I have a guess, but I'll save that for another post :)

Maternity clothing: Still the same. I wear maternity pants consistently, but shirts are still a mix of maternity and regular. I feel like I'm just now showing, but even then it's not really noticeable. I'm sure I'll be wearing non maternity shirts comfortably for awhile longer.

Sleep: I'm still really tired, no matter how long I get sleep. I think it's due in part to some of the nightmares I've been having. A few happened between 5 am, (when David will wake up the first time), and 7 am. They may be short, but they are always intense. I certainly didn't miss this part of pregnancy!

Movement: I feel something about 3 times a week. Phil may have felt a little "shift" in my tummy the other day, but no real big movements. That's a few more weeks before I feel stuff like that.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are Hot Cheetos, lime anything, fresh fruit, spicy food, Coke Icee, and salad. Aversions are: the smell of cooking meats, fish, pork (including bacon), mushrooms, anything overly sweet, peanut butter, greasy food, mayo (sometimes), rice, and anything that just happens to sound awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: I felt pretty good most of this week! Just certain smells made my stomach flip-flop. 

Symptoms: Sore boobs, brown spotting, lots of stretching and sensations as my uterus grows, thirsty, round ligament pain (especially when I sneeze), a little nausea, peeing a fair amount, headaches, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still really sick, and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. I feel like I'm way more tired. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies. I also never had spotting with the first two.

The best moment of this past week: Connecting with someone at bible study, getting reassurance from my doctor, and feeling more movement.

What I miss: Besides my parents, nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My next appointment, scheduling the big ultrasound, starting workouts again, (whoops! Dropping the ball on that one!), seeing my folks again someday, and my brother's wedding in April!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous, love. I'm sending you tons of good thoughts. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...