Friday, February 26, 2016

BB-3 Week 17 Update

Overall, this week was a little better. Not only did I get to the doctor and got some face to face reassurance, I also felt so relieved to make it to week 17. I think after a short trip I'm taking next weekend comes and goes with nothing happening, then I'll be a little more at ease. Jillian has been sick for most of the week, but we did everything we could to give her the care she needed. It sounds like a nasty virus that David seems to be showing signs of as of dinner time. She's on the mend, and hope it passes through David quickly! Also, I look super happy in the photos because we got news that Phil may have to leave town for work for a few days. Not a big deal, except for the fact that he'd be coming home on my birthday. At least he'll be there for part of it? It's still not ideal, and upset me :(

Today's date: February 26, 2016

How far along: 17 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I have gained 3.5 pounds.

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of an onion or a pomegranate! Cartilage is hardening into bone, fat is starting to accumulate, and the umbilical chord is getting thicker and stronger :) {via}

Baby is a: baby! In just over 2 weeks, we'll have the ultrasound to find out! I'll give more details about all that later.

Maternity clothing: Still the same. I wear maternity pants consistently, but shirts are still a mix of maternity and regular. I feel like I'm just now showing, but even then it's not really noticeable. I'm sure I'll be wearing non maternity shirts comfortably for a while longer.

Sleep: I'm still exhausted. Between Jillian coughing at night before getting sick, and just general tiredness from being pregnant while chase 2 active kiddos at home, I have a feeling this will be a continual symptom.

Movement: I feel something most nights! Even if I don't feel it strongly, Phil can feel rolling around and stuff as we lay in bed. Also, I either had a muscle spasm, or BB-3 had their first round of hiccups :)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are fresh fruit, spicy food, caramel, and salad. Aversions are: the smell of cooking meats, fish, pork (including bacon), mushrooms, anything overly sweet, peanut butter, greasy food, mayo (sometimes), rice, and anything that just happens to sound awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: I felt pretty good most of this week! However, I've had about 3 nights in a row where I'll get sick to my stomach around bedtime. I only got nervous that I'd throw up one time, but it passed before anything happened.

Symptoms: Sore boobs, lots of stretching and sensations as my uterus grows, thirsty, round ligament pain (especially when I sneeze), a little nausea, peeing a fair amount, headaches, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still really sick, and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. I feel like I'm way more tired. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies. I also never had spotting with the first two.

The best moment of this past week: Hearing BB-3's heartbeat, and confirming that everything is still going well!

What I miss: Besides my parents, nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My ultrasound on the 14th, the girl's weekend I'm going to next weekend, seeing my folks again someday, and my brother's wedding in April!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...