Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 17 Update


Today's date: June 25, 2013

How far along: 17 Weeks

Total weight gain: I gained a little for about a loss of 2 pounds overall.

Size and growth of baby: Bébé is the size of an onion! Cartilage is hardening into bone, fat is starting to accumulate, and the umbilical chord is getting thicker and stronger :) {via}

Baby is a: baby for now. We should find out 2 weeks! Be sure to vote on my page :)

Maternity clothing: I wear maternity pants consistently, and very few non-maternity shirts.

Sleep: I sleep ok, but never feel like I sleep enough! I can't always nap though, which can be hard. I try to just lie down anyways and not do too much when Jillian naps. The other morning, I woke up to pee at 5:45 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I just felt ready to get up and eat breakfast I guess.

Movement: I can't always tell for sure what I'm feeling. It seems to be more rolling movements than kicks like Jillian did. However, Phil can usually put his hand on my belly, (with light pressure), and feel stuff before we go to bed. It's always fun to see his face light up when he feels bébé :)

Cravings/Aversions: My main craving this past week was corn, avocados, and salted caramels. Aversions are the same.

Morning Sickness: I still take Zofran once a day.

Symptoms: Round ligament pain, lower back pain, pimples, a little heartburn, some nausea, peeing a fair amount, and tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: I had lost more weight with Jillian. I am also more tired with this pregnancy. Vivid dreams were plaguing me with Jillian, but not so much with this pregnancy. Well, at least so far. Finally, I feel like my allergies are much worse this pregnancy. I've been super stuffed up/sneezing for days.

The best moment of this past week: Seeing two of my good friends over the weekend, and seeing a movie with Phil for the first time in months!

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: More and stronger movement, and our next appointment on July 2nd!

Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you my dear!
      I hope y'all have a great time on your trip :) I'll miss you though!

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...