Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bébé Week 17 Update

{Phil and I were having a debate about if I'm showing more than last week. I think my bely fat on top looks bigger, but he's convinced that my whole abdomen is shifting up and makes it look bigger}

I wanted more than anything to update this week for a few reasons. Of course, due to one of them, I had a severe lack of sleep which is why I ended up not updating. *sigh* Someday I'll be better...

This week I had a BUNCH of crazy dreams. Now let me start off by saying, I'm the queen of crazy dreams. For as long as I can remember, if I ever tell my dreams to anyone else, it always ends with them giving me a weirded-out look and saying "Oooooook" LOL So I figured bring on the weird dreams pregnancy hormones! I'm sure I can handle you. Well, I've had a handful of crazy dreams a few nights in a row. They aren't crazy as much as super intense. One was fashioned like an episode of "Bones" and it involved knives and chainsaws and people dying off one by one. Yeah. Intense. Then I had another where my mom had died and I would wake up crying because I would never see her face or feel her hugs ever again. Yeah. So I would not sleep well those nights. Then for two mornings in a row this week, we had some thunderstorms pop up around 5 am and they would wake me up. Being the scaredy-cat I am, I was unable to go back to sleep. Needless to say, I've been having trouble sleeping lately.

The other is I had a great appointment on Thursday! Of course it was not very long like my last appointment, but still good :) Doctor found the heartbeat and it sounded good and she said she could hear movement, even though I can't feel them just yet! That made me feel good. Then we scheduled my complete OB ultrasound that will include finding out the gender on July 21st!! It's going to be a long 3 weeks, but I can't wait :D I'll be doing a special blog the night before where I'll go through some old wives tales and such to see what I might be having. Then I'll do the big announcement here, probably the day after the ultrasound, July 22nd. Phil and I want to Skype with our parents and it probably won't work until later in the evening since they all work. That way, the family knows and then I'll be happy to share :)

Now on to the update!


Today's date: July 2, 2011

How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain: I gained a little this week, but I'm still at a loss of 8ish pounds to date.

Size and growth of the baby: The size of an onion! Baby has full formed fingernails and is starting to develop the cute baby fat to help with their body's heat production and metabolism. Baby weighs about 3 1/2 ounces.

Sex: I have a feeling, but we'll know for sure in less than 3 weeks :)

Maternity clothes: I have a Be Band that I'm only using on my only pair of jeans, several tank tops from Old Navy as well as a pair of bermuda jean shorts. I may get a maxi dress soon, just to help with the heatwave we have going on right now.

Sleep: I was unable to sleep really well due to crazy/intense dreams, morning thunderstorms, and my body's rebelling of sleep on my side. 

Best moment(s) of the week: Hearing the heartbeat again and scheduling my ultasound!

Movement: I thought I might have, but I was also extra gassy this week. Come on baby - Mama needs a good swift kick! LOL

Food cravings/aversions: Same aversions as before. I want cherry limeades almost everyday, and nutella on croissants were a blessing this week.

Morning sickness: I still take Zofran everyday at lunch just to be safe. Slight nausea here and there, but definitely not like before. Phil tried to make me go a day without it, but I caved around 5:30. I was feeling icky and didn't want to go through throwing up later. Plus, I completely lost my appetite when the nausea came back. I guess I still need it for now.

Symptoms: Nausea, round ligament pain, peeing a lot, still kinda gassy, and pretty emotional.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling some flutters and our ultrasound on the 21st!


Also, I don't know if I've mentioned these, but I got some new gifts for baby since late May and I finally took pictures to show them off!


This comes as a gift from my ex-co-worker-lady-ma'am :) It's a Yoda hat!! Since we don't know the gender yet, she suggested adding a flower to it if it's a girl. To that I say - heck yes!! Her mom actually made it and I found her Etsy store in case you're interested! Phil and I agreed there are just a few things that, no matter what gender our baby is, they will need to learn to love it. 1 being Star Wars and the other...



Baseball! Specifically the Kansas City Royals. When I went to a Royals game with my family in early June, mom and dad decided to get them their first Royals gear :) So sweet!

I have a few onesies I bought last year, but I'll share those another time :)

If you are traveling this weekend, or just hanging around the house, have a safe holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...