Friday, March 25, 2016

BB-3 Week 21 Update

This is the last week of my 20's! Tomorrow, I will be 30 years old. Crazy! I'm not all that scared or worried to be 30. In fact, I'm looking forward to being in the same decade as my husband again ;) Even though it's been our busiest week to date, I still feel like it was a good way to say "hello" to a new chapter in my life!

Plus, I can finally share some news with you! About a year ago, Phil was told about a conference that would benefit his company to attend in 2016 that would be happening over our anniversary week. The best part of it? The conference is in France! We were hoping Phil would be asked to go, and that maybe I could find a way to go with him. However, by summertime, his boss had stopped mentioning it, and we were trying to get pregnant, so we figured it was off the table. Well, about 2 months ago, his boss not only brought it up, but was nearly insisting Phil go. With all the bleeding stuff that came up for me, I didn't know if I could go, let alone if I wanted to go at 30 weeks pregnant. We talked about it at length, including what that might mean in terms of us fundraising for Jillian's cochlear implant. After much thought and prayer, we decided that we would find a way for me to go with him if my doctor cleared me for travel. This week, she did exactly that! She said everything is looking perfect, and that I need to go and enjoy myself :) Now we need to figure out flights, where the kids will go and when, etc. It's a little scary, but I doubt I'll have an opportunity like this again for quite awhile. Phil's flight, any car rental, hotel and food for over half the trip is being covered by his company since it is officially a business trip. We just have to pay for 3 nights of hotel, my flight, plus any souvenirs and extra food. We've sent off my passport application since my old one still had my maiden name on it. Once we have that, we'll just have to pack! So this is my birthday/Mother's Day/anniversary gift all rolled into one :)

Today's date: March 25, 2016

How far along: 21 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I'm 7 pounds above prepregnancy weight.

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a pomegranate, or baby bok choy! BB-3 is around 11 ounces and 10.5 inches long. BB-3's digestive system is busy creating meconium, (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth :){via}

Baby is a: healthy, human baby!

Maternity clothing: All pants are maternity until they are sweatpants or pj pants. I officially reorganized my drawers and closet to make getting dressed easier. I have all maternity clothes in my possession, so I'm set until I start losing the baby weight once BB-3 is here :)

Sleep: I am more tired this week due to no quiet/down time because our schedule was so busy. I tried taking a nap today, but I wasn't getting very restful sleep, so I gave up. Dr P confirmed if I am just tired, it's because I'm growing a human while chasing two others. I wanted to be sure it wasn't postpartum depression trying to start, which she doesn't believe so.

Movement: BB-3 is active during the evening, or when I eat something they really like :) They are pretty sneaky, because I can now see movement from the outside. However, as soon as I stop what I'm doing to look, they stop moving. What a stinker ;)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings were fruit, chewy caramel, cheesy Gordita crunch from Taco Bell, a teriyaki burger or chicken sandwich that has a pineapple ring on it, strawberries, Captain Crunch cereal (original flavor), and iced caramel coffee. Aversions are the same. 

Morning Sickness: Anytime I felt icky this week, I was just incredibly hungry. Feeling really good overall!

Symptoms: Kicks, sore boobs, lots of round ligament pain, thirsty, pimples, gassy, emotional, peeing a fair amount, headaches, tired feet, the beginnings of lower back pain, swollen gums, on the verge of a nosebleed, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still sick with Jillian (though had the occasional moment with David), and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. I am way more tired. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies. BB-3 seems to be a quieter baby in utero. I also never had spotting with the first two. I very rarely want to eat. I feel like I'm more prone to dizziness, and panic/anxiety attacks this time. I also feel like I've been on the verge of having a nosebleed all week, though thankfully that never happened. I had a dentist appointment this week, and my gums are extra irritated, which may have been true before, but I wasn't going to the dentist regularly with either previous pregnancy. (Whoops!) So for now, I get an extra cleaning in 3 months, and I am using extra soft toothbrushes :)

The best moment of this past week: Hearing all is good at the doctor, getting permission for our trip in May, and just trying my best to enjoy my last week of my 20's!

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My hair appointment in 2 weeks to finally cover up those gray/white hairs, getting back to our normal schedule next week, and my brother's wedding in 3 weeks!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...