Friday, March 18, 2016

BB-3 Week 20 Update

This week was Spring Break for us. We usually go see my folks, but we had an important appointment on Monday (on top of other things), so we were unable to go. I tried to do one fun thing every day this week to keep the kids from getting too bored. I think for the most part I accomplished that :) Otherwise, it's been quite a week! We had our ultrasound Monday, a meeting about Jillian's cochlear implant options yesterday (whole other post), Phil's mom came for a day visit yesterday, and we had church choir rehearsals the last two evenings. We also got some news from Phil's work that I'm not quite ready to share, but should be able to in the next update :) {It's not a raise or promotion, but still something exciting!} It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that we're halfway to meeting BB-3! I'm sure the second half will go by much faster than the first.

Today's date: March 18, 2016

How far along: 20 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I maintained this week, so I'm at 6 pounds above prepregnancy weight.

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a banana, or Palmer cookie! BB-3 was 10 ounces at our ultrasound, which was the same size David was at his! Overall, everything on BB-3 looked good according to the doctor :) BB-3 is working on developing taste buds, and is swallowing more amniotic fluid both for practice and for nutrition.{via}

Baby is a: baby! We know, and will be keeping it to ourselves.

Maternity clothing: Still the same. I am eyeing a dress for Easter, but I'm pretty much done getting any new clothes for now. I do need to move any non-maternity pants out of my dresser so I don't assume I have all these pants to wear when I don't!

Sleep: I am still exhausted all the time. This week was harder because we were doing outside activities in the sun, so I was in desperate need of a nap, yet never got one. I'm hoping Phil will take pity and let me take a nice long nap tomorrow. I'm also tossing and turning a bit more. Plus, for some reason, David is having a rough time. Ever since he got over his cold/double ear infection, he gets out of bed, and cries/screams at his door for a good 30-45 minutes before finally falling asleep. Last night was the worst because he woke up at 2:30, then 4:30, and did the same thing. He doesn't want a night light. He doesn't need the door open. He's not sick. We're at a loss, and just hope this phase passes quickly :( He's always been a good sleeper, so this is hard to deal with.

Movement: BB-3 is moving everyday! They are really sneaky though, and will wait until I'm distracted to move. Once I look at my belly, they immediately stop. Little booger ;) I did see my first kick from the outside this week after eating some Nutella and pretzels. Also, on the ultrasound, BB-3 was transverse, face up, and right on my belly button! Now that I know that position, I can kinda tell where BB-3 is, and they seem to prefer laying that way. Hopefully, I can get them to move before too long! I've got a few weeks to do it.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings were fruit, caramel, cheesy Gordita crunch from Taco Bell, Nutella and pretzels (though it made me sick to my stomach a little because it's so sweet), and kettle corn. Aversions are: the smell of cooking meats, fish, pork, mushrooms, anything overly sweet, peanut butter, greasy food, mayo, rice, and anything that just happens to sound or smell awful at the time. Overall, I have very little appetite, and have to make myself eat at times. This is not because I feel sick or queasy, I just don't feel hungry. 

Morning Sickness: I feel pretty good overall. I got a little sick to my stomach yesterday, but I think I was just not wanting to do something on top of being hot/exhausted from the week. I get a little queasy if I eat something too greasy or sweet.

Symptoms: Kicks, sore boobs, lots of round ligament pain, thirsty, a little nausea, gassy, emotional, peeing a fair amount, headaches, tired feet, the beginnings of lower back pain, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still sick with Jillian (though had the occasional moment with David), and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. I am way more tired. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies. BB-3 seems to be a quieter baby in utero... at least so far ;) I also never had spotting with the first two. I very rarely want to eat. Even by this point with Jillian, I at least wanted to eat. Also, I feel like I'm more prone to dizziness, and panic/anxiety attacks this time. I all but panicked about something last night to the point that my whole body was shaking. It was something that was NOT a big deal, but I couldn't control myself. Thankfully, Phil was able to help calm me down so I could go to sleep.

The best moment of this past week: Seeing BB-3 on ultrasound, finding out everything looks good for both mama and BB-3, making it to 20 weeks, planning a special video for my brother and almost SIL, planning/preparing for a potentially fun possibility, seeing my MIL, making some fun memories with the kids this week, and knowing I get to see my folks in less than 30 days!

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My birthday a week from tomorrow, my appointment on Wednesday, and my brother's wedding in April!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...