Friday, April 8, 2016

BB-3 Week 23 Update

Overall, I had a relatively quiet, but good week. I haven't heard an update on Baby James. However, I assume that "no news is good news." Also, I found out this week that my grandma will be going on hospice soon. We're not thinking it'll be anytime soon, but it's clear the end is coming sooner rather than later. Being my last grandparent, it is a little sad. Hopefully, she'll be comfortable and do well considering.

Today's date: April 8, 2016

How far along: 23 Weeks

Total weight gain: Around 11 pounds. My scale has been a little weird lately, so I'm not 100% sure.

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a grapefruit, a Barbie doll, or Buche de Noel! They are a little over a pound, and about 12 inches long this week. Ears are fully functioning, and loud noises may even startle them! BB-3 is also swallowing so that they can practice breathing, which may cause hiccups soon. {via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a few shirts I wear at home, are maternity. Any non-maternity shirts are too short to fully cover my belly.

Sleep: Except for a night when David had a night terror, I've slept through the night ok. I have to switch sides at least twice, but overall ok. I just don't feel rested, but that's partially due to my lack of relaxation during the day. I'm either going going going or sleeping. Not a lot of in between.

Movement: Lots of movement in the morning, and right before bed. Starting to feel more during the afternoon. They like to kick daddy's hand when he tells BB-3 goodnight. They already have a sweet bond just like BB-3's siblings did :)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings were fruit, Velveeta dip, Honey Bunches of Oats, frozen pineapple, lemon cake with cream cheese icing, a strawberry shake, Cheesy Gordita Crunch from Taco Bell, and iced caramel coffee. Aversions are raw meat, pork, rice, peanut butter, and mushrooms.

Morning Sickness: I felt good all week!

Symptoms: Baby kicks, sore boobs, round ligament pain, thirsty, pimples, gassy, emotional, peeing a fair amount, nesting is starting to kick in, tired feet, a little lower back pain, swollen gums, nasal sensitivity, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Less morning sickness, no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, less activity level in utero... for now ;)

The best moment of this past week: Getting my bridesmaid dress from the tailor shop, getting my passport in the mail, purchasing airline tickets for the trip, hearing my mom had a good doctor's appointment, and knowing next week is wedding week!!!

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My hair appointment tomorrow, my parents arriving on Thursday, my friend Lesa having her precious girl this coming week, and my brother's wedding next weekend!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...