Friday, April 1, 2016

BB-3 Week 22 Update

This week was a little tough. Not only did I have to be single parent for part of the week, but I also found out some scary news. An old friend of mine from youth group, (I've known him since I was 10), he and his wife were expecting their first baby. I don't know details as to why, and truly it's none of my business, but she gave birth 16 weeks early. {That would be like, if I went into labor the day after my brother's wedding in 2 weeks.} I know 24 weeks is right around that milestone of viability, so I'm hopeful he will improve after some time in the NICU. They haven't updated on Baby James' condition, but said he is doing as well as expected. It sounds like the mother is doing ok health-wise, which is good. It is going to be a long road for them, so if you could say a prayer/send a good thought to Baby James and his parents, I would really appreciate it.

Today's date: April 1, 2016

How far along: 22 Weeks

Total weight gain: 9 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a papaya or spaghetti squash! BB-3 is around 1 pound, and 11 inches long. They are settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It's easy to figure out the pattern as those kicks begin to start and stop around the same time :) (Looks like a night-owl just like mama!) {via}

Baby is a: healthy baby!

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a few shirts, are maternity. No matter what I wear, people can tell I've got a baby bump!

Sleep: I have been able to fall asleep to nap, but it only lasts about 10 minutes before someone needs something. I'm sad to say that David is trying really hard to give up naps already :( Even offering his pacifier doesn't always work. I sleep ok overnight, but I'm still pretty tired overall.

Movement: I feel BB-3 every day! It's funny because, even though it's clear they favor the upper part of my bump, (as in above my belly button), I feel kicks and jabs all over my stomach. Very active baby when they get going!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings were fruit, chewy caramel, frozen pineapple, lemon cake with cream cheese icing, root beer, and iced caramel coffee. Aversions are the same. 

Morning Sickness: I felt a little sick from Tuesday morning to Thursday morning. I was starting to worry that I was getting a stomach bug, (it's going around Jillian's preschool again), but luckily I think my tummy just didn't agree with something I ate.

Symptoms: Kicks, sore boobs, lots of round ligament pain (especially when I get up too fast or sneeze), thirsty, pimples, gassy, emotional, peeing a fair amount, headaches, nesting is starting to kick in, tired feet, the beginnings of lower back pain, swollen gums, on the verge of a nosebleed, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still sick with Jillian (though had the occasional moment with David), and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. I am way more tired. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies. BB-3 seems to be a quieter baby in utero. I also never had spotting with the first two. I very rarely want to eat. I feel like I'm more prone to dizziness, and panic/anxiety attacks this time. I also feel like I've been on the verge of having a nosebleed, though thankfully that has yet to happened.

The best moment of this past week: Getting through the rest of Holy Week, celebrating Easter, getting the last of my personal wedding to-do list done, and feeling lots of good movement from BB-3.

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My hair appointment next weekend, and my brother's wedding in 2 weeks!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

This is the first week I can do weekly bump comparisons of just BB-3!
BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...